BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Banned

*le gasp* But I bought a new speedo and everything!

It's funny that Joffrey is such an a-hole but Jack Gleeson is basically the [URL="http://seiphirai.tumblr.com/post/72280772735"]nicest guy on the planet[/URL]. I mean come on:

This one cracks me up because Alfie looks like he's going to murder someone:

Bless ol' Jack.
    At least we know he can act.

It's all of that torture, he's a changed man.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    she comes off as needlessly violent and incompetent rather than genuinely ruthless in my opinion.
    I think the key to Cersei is what someone says of her in ... I forget which book, but the point is, someone says that she really isn't as smart as she thinks she is. She looks out of her depth because she is, but she continues to act like she does because she thinks she's smart, capable and canny.

She's been raised to think she's a person of power and influence and despises her brothers because they don't live up to the example of ruthlessness that her father showed. Unlike Lord Tywin, though, Cersei is merely of average or slightly above average intelligence. She doesn't recognize, as Tywin does, that even the oldest family's power is ephemeral and must be maintained by canny realpolitik. Tywin isn't the powerful person in every situation because he's a Lannister; he's powerful because he's Tywin. Cersei lacks his ability to read people and manipulate them accordingly. She's playing the game according to her received rules, but without his deep ability to understand reality and relate it to the rules structure. In that respect she's no different from Catelyn, or Ned. Her code is different from theirs but its rote inflexibility is equally ineffective.
    Last edited by Nabterayl; 04-15-2014 at 01:58 PM.

Chapter-Master

Tywin himself tells her that. "I don't mistrust you because you're a woman, I mistrust you because you're not as clever as you think you are." Trust me, it will come back to bite her in the future.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Cersei depended upon Joffrey's position.

She could do what she wanted because she was the mother of a vicious child who happened to be King.

With that gone.....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Well, she depends on more than that. For instance, she's so certain she can beat Ned, and put Joffrey on the throne, and run the Small Council, because she thinks she's a badass political player. And she's simply wrong about that.

EDIT: Might have misread your post. If you mean her successes came largely from Joffrey's position and not her own political skill, I absolutely agree. Or from her father's position, or her family's position, or whatever. Cersei has had some political successes, but she thinks they all came from her own will and savvy, and they didn't.
    Last edited by Nabterayl; 04-15-2014 at 03:00 PM.

Mix of Joffrey and her Dad's position enabling her own.

Her position is easily the most tenuous of all the characters, and she just doesn't realise it.

She's quite readily driven away Jamie, and Tyrion, well the less said there the better.

Remove Tywin, and what's she got? She's pissed off a lot of people, and they're no doubt keeping count.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Mix of Joffrey and her Dad's position enabling her own.

Her position is easily the most tenuous of all the characters, and she just doesn't realise it.

She's quite readily driven away Jamie, and Tyrion, well the less said there the better.

Remove Tywin, and what's she got? She's pissed off a lot of people, and they're no doubt keeping count.
    This is why i have a nice cold beer ready for when she get's hers.........
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Cersei depended upon Joffrey's position.

She could do what she wanted because she was the mother of a vicious child who happened to be King.

With that gone.....
    believe me when I say that shes smart enough that a little thing like her sone the "king" being dead isn't enough to stop cercie lannister
    Last edited by daboarder; 04-15-2014 at 05:23 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Is say she's deluded enough not to let that stop her.

Smart would be using cats paws and keeping your own hands clean.....

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast