BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Base size??

Hybrid View

Battle-Brother

Default Base size??

I know that in previous editions, bases larger than those provided (ie decorative) were allowed...is this true of 6th ed?

Battle-Brother

Only by Rule of Cool.
    You have a decorative, well painted base, but it is too big - Rule of Cool says yes.
    You have a plain black GW base that is too big - No, that is modeling for an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Godin View Post
    Only by Rule of Cool.
    You have a decorative, well painted base, but it is too big - Rule of Cool says yes.
    You have a plain black GW base that is too big - No, that is modeling for an advantage.
    I run my XV-8 Crisis suits on 50mm bases now instead of 40mm. They aren't nicely decorated or super well painted (glued sand painted brown), It's not modelled for rules advantage though, it's because 50mm bases give a lot more room to pose crisis suits, letting them have more dynamic poses without tipping over, or wider stances without feet going off the edges.

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Crydon Games View Post
    I know that in previous editions, bases larger than those provided (ie decorative) were allowed...is this true of 6th ed?
    In a competitive event No, In a casual event Yes
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Occuli Imperator

There is one rule on bases:

"Models supplied with bases must be attached to them".
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post

What about Terminators of a certain age?

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    THe older metal termys, and original plastics came with a 25mm base. If that is what they are modeled on still, I have never encountered anyone that has had an issue. I personally upgraded mine at 5th ed so they would match all the other termys I was buying, but that was a personal choice.

If you have them and they are already built, stick with it, unless you want to redo. If you are buying older OOP models with small bases, you'd probably be best served to build them on the larger bases since you are building them during 6th edition, which has a 40mm standard for termys.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    I've been in situations where a player took direct advantage of his old 2nd edition Terminators in deep striking with this. My opinion: if you're going to compete competitively, then you better switch up those bases real quick like.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post

QFT. "Modeling for advantage" is not a rules concept. It's a player convention that events may adopt.

This is why my Ghazkull is mounted on a 40mm base that magnets into a sculpted 60mm base that has a recess in the centre, the 40mm is what he's supplied with and its ridiculous, he hangs over the edge of the dam thing!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast