BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Base size??

There are also cases where bigger base is better. For example when number of close combat attacks are based on enemy models in b2b (Grey Knight Brotherhood Champion comes to mind and probably Black Templars Emperors Champion iirc)

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    I best hide my old rhino chassis tanks...
    my company has nothing but old pattern vehicles. come to think of it the Old T-hawk is many inches shorter than the resin one and its on a shorter base...

Occuli Imperator

The Rhinos aren't too bad, the Ork trukks however....
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

On the subject of rebasing because of top heavy models....
    on occasion I decorate bases (correct size) of larger or unstable models with some slate (painted up as ice) which lowers the centre of gravity and makes them more stable. My terminator wolfgaurd and my thunderwolf cavalry hardly ever topple. (Both converted into more awesome positions and therefore more unstable :P)
    Never enough time to do nothing.

Librarian

slate is great!

I've used tiny tiny bits of it for my Termagants I made out of Hormagaunts which are a ridiculously unbalanced model

have a lot of it around from aquarium makin's

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    You should really still get large bases for old terminators. Head off any complaints.
    I've got 20 old metal wraithguard on small bases. They look totally ridiculous on the new 40mm bases.

No.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    What about Terminators of a certain age?
    I've been in situations where a player took direct advantage of his old 2nd edition Terminators in deep striking with this. My opinion: if you're going to compete competitively, then you better switch up those bases real quick like.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Awww, you made me nostalgic, mate. My brother had an Ulthwe Eldar army and would always bop my orks with those wraithguards. Back in the dark ages when bikes counted as vehicles, there was a heavy weapon die, and vehicles had stat cards--memories

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123