BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Thinking about Iyanden...

Hi,

At last, i got the third Wraithguard -squad...this is what i´m thinking about...

The Fluff -list...

HQ

Spiritseer (70p)

TROOP

5 x Wraithguard (D-Scythes) + WS (Holo, tlScatter Laser) (210p + 135p)
    5 x Wraithguard + WS (Holo, tlScatter Laser) (160p + 135p)
    5 x Wraithguard + WS (Holo, tlBL) (160p + 135p)

HEAVY

Wraithlord (2 x Flamer, 2 x BL, GC) (165p)
    Wraithknight (stock) (240p)
    ---------------------------------------------------
    1650p so far...

or with Eldrad 1855p...

These are all the Wraith-models i got. Basically, i could proxy Hemlock fighter (but...it´s so crappy...maybe i´ll pass...)...Who would fit to lead this army? I was thinking Eldrad coming to a aid, any other, maybe more "fluffy" ideas?

- Lost Vyper
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

spiderz. spiderz. spiderz. [paint them to look like warlocks with warp capability ?]

Chapter-Master

Hemlock is *not* crappy. If you use it only for the D-scythes then maybe it is, but honestly, I've had great luck with it. People seem to ignore it.

Its won me so many games. Let me recount some "Hemlock best hits" from my treasure trove of anecdotes.

3) Bloodthirster is flying towards my lines.. is about to really give my Wraithknight/lords a stern talking to. Hemlock managed to be in range and cast terrify. Blood thirster passes first test, and fails the second with boxcars. Runs away 3d6" where I'm able to ground him and plaster him with a squad of Wraithcannons.

2) Wraithknight charges into a squad of centurions led by, who else, Tigirius. I win by two wounds. They pass their morale check but because the hemlock is in range, fail the second. They run 10" off the board.

1) This one involved a warlock too, but I cast Horrify on a screamerstar squad about to run over my army. The hemlock casts terrify on it, and it runs 3d6" off the board. It was beautiful.

Here's my Iyanden 2k list. Note that I do not use the Iyanden Supplement rules. Don't need to.

2000 Pts - Codex: Eldar Roster - 2k Iyanden

Total Roster Cost: 1998

HQ: Spiritseer (1#, 70 pts)
    . . 1 Spiritseer, 70 pts

HQ: Wraithseer (IA) (1#, 225 pts)
    . . 1 Wraithseer (IA), 225 pts = (base cost 185) + D-cannon 40

Troops: Wraithguard (10#, 320 pts)
    . . 10 Wraithguard, 320 pts = 10 * 32

Troops: Wraithguard (6#, 380 pts)
    . . 5 Wraithguard, 210 pts = 5 * 42 (base cost 32 + D-Scythe 10)
    . . . . 1 Wave Serpent, 170 pts = (base cost 115 + Ghostwalk Matrix 10 + Holo-Fields 15 + Vectored Engines 15) + TL Scatter Lasers 5 + Shuriken Cannon 10

Troops: Wraithblades (9#, 288 pts)
    . . 9 Wraithblades, 288 pts = 9 * 32

Fast Attack: Hemlock Wraithfighter (1#, 185 pts)
    . . 1 Hemlock Wraithfighter, 185 pts

Heavy Support: Wraithknight (1#, 240 pts)
    . . 1 Wraithknight, 240 pts

Heavy Support: Wraithlord (1#, 145 pts)
    . . 1 Wraithlord, 145 pts = (base cost 120 + Ghostglaive 5) + Bright Lance x1 20

Heavy Support: Wraithlord (1#, 145 pts)
    . . 1 Wraithlord, 145 pts = (base cost 120 + Ghostglaive 5) + Bright Lance x1 20

Validation Report:
    1. Codex: Codex: Eldar (2013); c-1. File Version: 1.40 For Bug Reports/www.ab40k.org; b-1. Roster Options: Imperial Armour, Named or Special Characters; a-1. Scenario: Normal Mission; b-2. Levels of Alliance: Battle Brothers
    Roster satisfies all enforced validation rules

Composition Report:
    HQ: 2 (2 - 2)
    Elite: 0 (0 - 3)
    Troops: 3 (2 - 6)
    Fast: 1 (0 - 3)
    Heavy: 3 (0 - 3)
    Fort: 0 (0 - 1)

Created with Army Builder® - Try it for free at [url]http://www.wolflair.com[/url]
    Last edited by Defenestratus; 04-15-2014 at 08:02 AM.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Brother-Captain

I would probably give the Wraithlord Scatter Lasers as you already have so much powerful high strength low AP shooting and not much massed shooting to deal with basic infantry. Get the Scatter Laser Wave Serpents the underslung Shuriken Cannon for the same reason. Heck, always take the cannon, regardless of the rest of the list.

Vectored Engines are actually really good for D-Scythe Wraithguard if you have the points spare.

A standard Farseer would be nice to hand out re-rolls to the Wraithknights, but I'm not sure where it would go.

As an aside, it's still fluffy to have non-Wraith units if you want them. Iyanden make very wide use of Wraith units, but they still have living warriors. It might be worth taking a squad of Dire Avengers or Jetbikes to put a Farseer with.

Chapter-Master

I gotta tell you... Iyanden were on my short list, back when I was first considering getting into 40k back in high school... I settled on either Ulthwe or Space Wolves (and then ended up not getting into the game at all for about fifteen years...). The idea of necro-Eldar trying to maintain their nobility while still exploiting the ghosts of their revered dead is pretty cool, and the models are gorgeous. I hope you decide to start Iyanden, and be sure to post pictures!
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Thanks for the input guys! I already have a pretty good Eldar army (i think, i´m missing just like Vault cannons and Shining Spears), and since the 6th edition, i bought the Iyanden codex (altough i would prefer the Alatoic all sniperstyle army ) and been buying stuff from eBay to fill the slots. The idea was just to use what i have STRICTLY Iyanden, hence no Spiders (i just got a second unit of those, they are a must in my basic lists)...Maybe i´ll give the Hemlock a chance and add Eldrad as Warlord...or, Hemlock, 3 x Spiritseers and Eldrad...so, it would be :

HQ

Eldrad (205p)

Spiritseer (70p)
    Spiritseer (70p)
    Spiritseer (70p)

TROOP

5 x Wraithguard (D-Scythes) + WS (Holo, tlScatter Laser,Shuri.Cannon,Ghost.Matrix,Spirit Stones) (210p + 165p)
    5 x Wraithguard + WS (Holo, tlScatter Laser,Shuri.Cannon,Ghost.Matrix) (160p + 155p)
    5 x Wraithguard + WS (Holo, tlBL,Shuri.Cannon,Ghost.Matrix) (160p + 155p)

FAST

Hemlock (185p)

HEAVY

Wraithlord (2 x Flamer, 2 x Star Cannon, GC) (165p)
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    2250p
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

Brother-Captain

Iyanden do have Aspect Warriors, there's nothing unfluffy about using them. That's the beauty of Aspect Warriors, as long as you don't put any craftworld colours or symbols on them, you can use them with any craftworld army. :P

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    Iyanden do have Aspect Warriors, there's nothing unfluffy about using them. That's the beauty of Aspect Warriors, as long as you don't put any craftworld colours or symbols on them, you can use them with any craftworld army. :P
    This is true. Iyanden isn't all ghosts, they just rely on wraith constructs more heavily than anyone else because they have a smaller surviving population.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com