BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Tempestus Hot-shot Volley Gun Problem

Well, this one is fairly simple, do hot-shot volley guns have gets hot? In the armoury section of the tempestus codex it's listed as Salvo 2/4, Gets Hot, but in the quick reference page at the back it's listed as not having Gets Hot, I have no idea what it's listed as having in the new IG (Now 'AM' I guess?) codex, but it would be helpful if you guys out there whould clarify this for me, cheers
    Last edited by Brother Daedulus; 04-15-2014 at 02:09 PM.

Chaplain

AM lists them as Salvo w/o Gets Hot in both areas, so I'd take that to mean Gets Hot was a typo in Tempestus

I concur.

Chaplain

That actually makes them usable on the Taurox Prime. With Gets Hot they were likely to blow up their own vehicle.

Aww oh well, at least the one on the taurox is twin-linked, nevertheless I'm sticking with my 4 volley-gun command squad, thanks for the help guys

Quote Originally Posted by This Dave View Post
    That actually makes them usable on the Taurox Prime. With Gets Hot they were likely to blow up their own vehicle.
    I think you misinterpreted which way I concurred. I concur that they do Get Hot.

Chaplain

Hot Shot Volley Gun is listed as Salvo 2/4 in 4 places between Codex Tempestus and AM and only listed as including Gets Hot the one time in the Tempestus armory pages, its a typo either in the 4 instances it is not included in both books or a typo the one time it is included for the weapon listing in the Tempestus codex.

Considering its not a high strength weapon I kinda lean towards the majority weapon profile that is included in multiple books is the correct one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleipnir View Post
    Hot Shot Volley Gun is listed as Salvo 2/4 in 4 places between Codex Tempestus and AM and only listed as including Gets Hot the one time in the Tempestus armory pages, its a typo either in the 4 instances it is not included in both books or a typo the one time it is included for the weapon listing in the Tempestus codex.

Considering its not a high strength weapon I kinda lean towards the majority weapon profile that is included in multiple books is the correct one.
    Ah, my bad, I misinterpreted you, and didn't bother to re-check my books. You're right. I go with the majority profile as well - no Gets Hot.