BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Default Space Wolves AA?

What is a space wolf army to do about aircraft?

Chaplain

Fortification gun emplacements.

Forgeworld Flyers

Stormwing Formation which gives you an allied Stormraven and two Stormtalons from the Space Marine Codex

Any ally with their own dedicated flyers and skyfire weapons options.

Or hold your breath till they release a Wolf Lord riding in a Sleigh loaded with Frost Bombs pulled by 8 flying cyberwolves.

Battle-Brother

I like that last idea...how effective is a rifleman dreadnought?

Chaplain

Not terribly effective unless you are using them as Mortis Dreadnaughts in an allied Space Marine or Dark Angels detachment(though the DA's and the SW's aren't exactly best buds)

On average you'll score 1.22 hits on average with a rifleman dread. A fortification with an autocannon emplacement might be the easiest (and perhaps cheapest) solution since that offers 3.55 hits on average. The main difference obviously being skyfire which almost triples your outcome... statistically speaking.
    40k- Chaos Space marines - Chaos Daemons - WM/H - Khador - Cygnar - Dystopian wars - EotBS

Check out the Space Marine Fire Raptor. You can download the rules on the Forgeworld page for free.

Librarian

if ya got the points and the LOW slot open, then a Thunderhawk can help. Short of that, your looking at Missile-Fangs with the sarge on the Aegis gun, Riflemen dreads, and Allies... I would've reccomend IG with the last book giving Vendettas cheaply, but with new book tossed that option out the window.

Forgeworld goodies seem to be the best step with Ultramarines (codex marines) Mortis dread/ Stormwing detachment thing. The biggest thing is to check whose Battle Bros with the Space Wolves, having Rune priests with Divination and being able to toss that onto Mortis with duo-Assault Cannons with Cyclone is insanely deadly...

Chapter-Master

The last tournament I went to (1850, FW, no escalation or stronghold) I took an all pod SW army. Right from the get-go I chose to ignore flyers - what I call 'pay the flyer tax'. There was a North Vietnamese tactic designed to counter US air supremacy in Vietnam, which they described as 'hug them by the belts'. In effect get in their face quickly. So that the air can't touch you - in this case hth your friend. In the event I won 3 of 3 and came 5th from a field of 40.

Get in close and stomp face with SW. Or, if you are have a pre-notified game with flier heavy opponent and don't want to use fortifications, or FW, or allies, try missile fangs with divination priests.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Wolf Scouts.

Sneak up to enemy AA emplacement, job the crew, start the dakka.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

MM - I fracking love the idea. But if you can get on turn 2 and you go first - their air won't be on. I defy you to hold it until turn 3...
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast