BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Battle-Brother

Cool Wolf Spiders 1500

Just gonna throw this up. Please help me fine tune it.

Wolf Priest w/wolf tail
    Wolf Lord w/frost blade
    Rune Priest w/JOTWW & divination roll?

Rifleman Dreadnought

Blood Claws (10) w/flamer, power maul

Grey Hunters (10) w/2x plasma gun

Grey Hunters (5) w/plasma gun

Fenrisian Wolves (10) w/cyberwolf

T-Wolf Cav (3) w/plasma pistol, bolter, frost blade

Long Fangs (3) w/2 missile launchers

Long Fangs (3) w/2 missile launchers

Long Fangs (3) w/2 lascannons

Aegis Defense Line w/quadgun

1498 points

Seems well rounded enough, but thin on the AA. Not sure bout the small units of Long Fangs, but it should allow me to spread damage where I need to.
    Last edited by Crydon Games; 04-15-2014 at 08:30 PM.

Brother-Captain

The Wolf Lord isn't going to do much with just a Frostblade, one of the good things about a Wolf Lord is how much of a monster you can make him, as it is he isn't going to be beating much so you ought as well not take him. He should at least have an invulnerable save and preferably a saga. To be honest for 1500pts you're spending too many points on HQ choices. For now I would stick with just the Rune Priest and expand your HQ section in higher points. This will allow you to fill out the Grey Hunters and get some transports.

You can't mix psychic powers from codices and the rulebook. You either take them both from the codex or both from the rulebook.

Don't bother with Plasma Pistols, they aren't worth it, swap the Thunderwolves Frostblade for a Power Fist so you have some very hefty AP2 in the mix just in case.

Your troops need transports of some kind or they aren't likely to make it.

Remember that Long Fangs have Split Fire, so you can have them in a larger squad and still split your fire if you need to. Most of the time you're going to be firing all of the missiles at one target anyway unless it's something that's almost gone, in which case you can split fire. I suppose it doesn't matter if you don't want any more heavy support, but it's worth thinking about when it comes to Big Guns Never Tire and Purge the Alien.

Storm shields on the cavalry. Makes them durable. Stick a Lord, battle leader or an iron priest on a mount and you can get a 2+ runic armour save for the unit for wound allocation shenanigans too.

You could add a drop (spider) pod for one of the grey hunter packs, get all up their grill and mess with the other guys tidy gunline.

With split fire you can have two (or more) longfang units missile/lascannon half and half, firing at little stuff and big stuff. So your opponent can't cripple your antitank or anti horde by wiping out one of the units.

P.S. greyhunters>bloodclaws
    Last edited by Rory Wildwards; 04-18-2014 at 05:41 PM. Reason: typo
    Never enough time to do nothing.

Battle-Brother

Cool stuff. Thank you both.
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." Douglas Adams