BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    First-Captain

Default War Zone Books you would like to see...

since we have a thread for Mini-dexes, the subject of Warzone books cropped up, so I though I'd start a thread for the topic...

What war's mentioned in the fluff woul you like to see done as Warzone book, I'll start off..

Sabbet Worlds Crusade - seriously this would sell out fast, with formations for the Ghosts, Sons of sek, Blood Pact and other assorted players in the books and throw in some special characters from the books as well, damn I'd buy it in a heartbeat, of course the down side is it would proberly be spread over several volumes like FW have done with some of their stuff...

The Battle of Macragge - seriously why haven't they done this one yet? we have fluff, missions etc already spread around the various editions, it wouldn't be too hard to pop this one out, I would love to see Apoc Formations for the entire 1st company's last stand myself...

Armageddon - for the reasons above, not to mention it would give the orks some love to... A formation for Yarracks Command during the battle for Hades hive would be awesome...

So any other great battles and campaign's would you like to see and why?
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Richardson
    Armageddon - for the reasons above, not to mention it would give the orks some love to... A formation for Yarracks Command during the battle for Hades hive would be awesome...
    I hate to break it to you but Warzone Armageddon is part of the Apocalypse book. There are formations for The Fortress of Arrogance (Yarrick's Tank), Overlord Von Strab with Ork Nobz and The Heroes of Armageddon (Yarrick, Tycho & Helbrecht).

So there already is a Warzone: Armageddon...

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Eberk View Post
    I hate to break it to you but Warzone Armageddon is part of the Apocalypse book. There are formations for The Fortress of Arrogance (Yarrick's Tank), Overlord Von Strab with Ork Nobz and The Heroes of Armageddon (Yarrick, Tycho & Helbrecht).

So there already is a Warzone: Armageddon...
    Are they?

Didn't know that as I don't have that book (yet)
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

First-Captain

Sabbat Worlds, definitely
    besides that, an obvious candidate would be the Cadian Gate in some form, which would also tie in nicely with Astra Militarum I guess - at least the more typical exponents, which Gaunt's Ghosts certainly aren't...
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Richardson View Post
    Are they?

Didn't know that as I don't have that book (yet)
    Yup, Page 228 - 279 from the Apocalypse book. It includes the fluff, an Apocalypse battle (Breakout from Volcanus Hive),Armageddon unique terrain and Unnatural Disasters, 3 missions, some cards, Armageddon Finest Hours (Commissar Yarrick, Ghazghkull Thraka & Captain Tycho) & a total of 19 Formations.

A complete (somewhat smaller page-wise) Apocalypse Warzone book.

Well, we already have Orks (Armageddon), Tau (Damocles), Chaos (Pandorax), and Necrons (Damnos), as well as Space Marines, Imperial Guard, Imperial Knights, Grey Knights and Dark Angels, plus a little Blood Angels in Armageddon. That leaves Space Wolves, Adepta Sororitas, Eldar, Dark Eldar and Tyranids, although I don't really expect AS to be anything more than an afterthought formation shoved into one of the Warzones.

Maybe a Warzone: Iyanden for Eldar and 'nids (although this would be the first without Imperials) and possibly a new Warzone featuring Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar (they don't seem to be too averse to new fluff with Pandorax).

Macragge and Cadia seem like good ones too though, as well as maybe Tarsis Ultra, Rynn's World, the War for Octarius, the Emrah Battle Fortress (more just curiosity on this one, I've seen it mentioned in the fluff several times, but never in detail) and Ichar IV.

Anything with Eldar or Dark Eldar in.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Anything with Eldar or Dark Eldar in.
    Battle for Iyanden
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chaplain

Warzone Duriel

Iyanden, Beil-Tan and Dark Eldar vs. Hive Fleet Kraken

Gives you a ton of Eldar force variety between Iyanden's Wraith Contructs and Beil-Tan's Warrior Shrines, and the added splash of Dark Eldar vs the might of a Hive Fleet that had learned how to fight Eldar.

Fireheart provides a suitable Apoaclyptic weapon, and the battles accross the ravaged world including in the Eldar Webway amount to a unique setting.
    Last edited by Gleipnir; 04-16-2014 at 10:27 AM.

Mars 20K: because the Horus Heresy isn't enough for the ultra-exclusive 40K fan.

It's Thunder Warriors vs. Iron Men. You want to play, you have to completely scratch-build both armies.

Available in full colour hardback for £50, leather-bound limited-edition for £100, super-ultra-collector's edition with a slightly sepia tint to the front cober of the standard for £150, and super-ultra-you#re-the-best-and-most-hardcore-collector-and-everyone-admires-you-for-thecool-things-you-own edition which includes three full-colour art prints of slightly pixellated artwork from the main book, only on little postcards that you'll file away somewhere safely and never look at them.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast