BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Did Yarrick lose his fearless?

So, yesterday i had a game where chaos spawns (with a sorcerer & bike lord with mark of nurgle hq's) charged my squad of ogryns and Yarrick. After a few turns only Yarrick remained of my forces and as i had lost that round with 5 wounds it was a time to take ld check with a -5 modifier thanks to Yarrick seemingly having no fearless nor stubborn.

Is there something i just didn't notice or didn't take into account, since last book Yarrick had his Inspirational Hero- rule giving him fearless and a 12" bubble of stubborn..

Chapter-Master

Umm - really? You were playing using these rules without the book?
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

I don't quite grasp what you mean?

Ofc I have the new book also.. (both actually, astra militarum & militarum tempestus).. I've always liked Yarrick and chose him kinda ad hoc.. That squad did have priest with them so the fearless (or stubborn) did come up with Yarrick only after he was a last man standing..

If you mean if i were running Yarrick with the rules from the old book - the answer is no. Yarrick having fearless was a projection of mind from old book - very typical at the transition from old rules to new ones. However as i noted earlier, the reason the unit was fearless was the priest, not Yarrick.

I was bemused that i couldn't find any implications he himself having any kind of fearless/stubbon etc. that would matter in close combat.. And so i came here to ask if i had missed anything..

Initiate

You are correct on this Wildcard.

Couldn't believe it myself but i opened my codex (digital) and sure enough the other 2 commissars have stubborn special rule but Yarrick does not and neither it nor fearless are present in any of his special rules.

So it begs the question has GW made a mistake on the codex or has Yarrick gone soft on us?

First-Captain

mistake would be my guess - certainly isn't their first...
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Chapter-Master

If Yarrick is Warlord his trait, Draconian discipline, will mean you don't take morale checks for suffering casualties for friendly units within 12" - so nearly fearless. Although you cans till go to ground and still be pinned. And if you take Yarrick but don't use him as warlord you deserve to not have a buff from him I mean who the hell is going to be senior to Yarrick?
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Denzark: That warlord trait is no doubtedly really really good against shooting, but in close combat (where Yarrick is the only 'umie to excel) Yarrick is a total sissy now

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    If Yarrick is Warlord his trait, Draconian discipline, will mean you don't take morale checks for suffering casualties for friendly units within 12" - so nearly fearless. Although you cans till go to ground and still be pinned. And if you take Yarrick but don't use him as warlord you deserve to not have a buff from him I mean who the hell is going to be senior to Yarrick?
    You mean the Warlord trait he is never permitted to use because they also gave him Chain of Command and Senior Officer? Yarrick will most definitely get an errata, cross your fingers for either Fearless or Stubborn as well

Why can't he use the warlord trait? o.O
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Chaplain

Chain of Command was written poorly it reads may not be selected as the warlord if a model has the Senior Officer rule

Yarrick is a model with the Senior Officer rule, so if they wanted him to ever be warlord they should have either taken that rule off him, or changed it to read if another model or any other model That's why its sure to get an errata.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast