BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default 1k Points Imperial Guard 4 Leman Russ List

Tank Commander (Leman Russ Vanquisher, Hull Mounted Lascannon) – 175
    Tank Commander Squadron (Leman Russ Battle Tank, Hull Mounted Heavy Bolter) – 150

2 Priests – 50 {each attached to an Infantry Platoon}

Infantry Platoon
    Platoon Command Squad (Platoon Commander, 4 Guardsmen) – 30
    Infantry Platoon (Sergeant, 9 Guardsmen, Grenade Launcher, Autocannon) – 65

Infantry Platoon
    Platoon Command Squad (Platoon Commander, 4 Guardsmen) – 30

Leman Russ Exterminator (Hull Mounted Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolter Sponsors) – 150
    Leman Russ Exterminator (Hull Mounted Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolter Sponsors) – 150

= 995

Thoughts?

Chaplain

Not bad. You might have some trouble keeping your infantry in line if they start taking hits though without a Senior Officer or Commissar around though.

the priest gives the units zealot (fearless)

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Whereswaldo View Post
    the priest gives the units zealot (fearless)
    Ah, forgot about that. Never mind then!

The only other possible weaknesses is air defence, which shouldn't be much of a problem at 1K points, and mobility for the scoring units. Which depending on the scenario may not be a problem either.

Not a bad army, although I can see it coming undone against other Russ heavy lists, also any IG lists with vendettas will give it a run for its money. apart from that - looking good.

I know there's not many Landraiders at 1k points, but besides Pask it would struggle. Also there's a lack of AP2 or AP3, I could see a DS Grey knight list making a mess of this.

It lacks anti air, S.Ravens and Vendetta or Valkyries (with pods and HBs) even would eat up these guys pretty swiftly. Maybe drop a tank in favour of some AA, even adding one Vendetta is going to make the rest of this quite survivable.

It's also mostly a 24" threat army, only the HQ and auto cannons have any range.

I like the priests, and blob squads, however I've always favoured one blob and one vets squad to be efficient, a blob of 20 even with fearless can become less than 10 models after one round of shooting, if you're going to blob take 30 minimum and throw a power weapon in there.

If a sterguard drop pod pops the Vanquisher first turn, can you eliminate them in your return turn? If not it could get messy, with a lack of plasma or Melta you're going to have to put all your long range weapons into it.

4 Leman Russ at 1k points is good new for AM, just not sure on the weaponry.
    http://bloodshadowsm41.blogspot.co.uk

Daemon-Prince

Dear god.....i suddenly feel the need to invest in more anti-tank weapons.....
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Brother-Captain

If you're intent is to take as many tanks as possible for under 1,000 points, then you're doing it wrong.

Drop the platoons. Just take naked Veteran squads. That way you only spend 120 points on your *ENTIRE* troop selection, and have an extra 200 Points to have a third tank for your Heavy Support slot. Also, you'd probably have enough points to slap Pask into that Tank Commander upgrade section. His Warlord Trait and special rules make him well worth it.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214