BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Yep. Stupid Horus, ruining everything for everyone again.
    Well it's not the existence of the HH series as such, it is the fact they promised it wouldn't interfere with WHF and Ia releases and both have basically been scaled back to virtually nothing for WHF and one book every 18 months at best for IA.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Could work with me kroot as great knarlocs

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    The trouble with WHF is that it has gone backwards. They haven't released a book since Monstrous Arcanum and there is no prospect of them doing so and it was started with the promise of four campaign books plus MA style books. Releases have evaporated to around two a year and they are one off purchases like monsters, not exactly kits that are going to move in a high volume. There was so much promise and to see it all drain away in favour of monthly Marine releases is just depressing.
    Maybe the HH stuff will ease down a bit once all of the legions/armies are established? allowing a bit more room for WHF and IA releases again.

I hope so. I mean I love the HH books and I'm really looking forward to seeing Thousand Sons, Ultramarines and Sisters of Silence but we were promised it wouldn't come at the cost of the existing lines and it has and that irritates me.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Cool

Picked one up at salute in london the other day.

HUUGGE! 14 inches nose to tail

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140412_161428.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	284.4 KB 
ID:	8312

Veteran-Sergeant

Honestly i both love and hate this sculpt….I have a serious thing for Dinosaurs, i mean, I go fossil hunting in my spare time and have studied paleontology (so….basically i’m a nerd). And while i LOVE the concept of a giant dino even bigger than a Carnosaur for Lizardmen, this thing…..DOES kind of look like a scaly rat. The tail is too spindly and thin and the snout is rather rodent-like. I may buy one and convert it, but I’m hoping someone at GW takes a look at the old Lustria book and decides the conversion for the Engine of the Gods would make a good kit.

Name:	don1.jpg 
Views:	1029 
Size:	100.6 KB 
ID:	8313

(Granted….still kinda suffers from “thin rat tail syndrome” but it looks much more like a dinosaur)
    Last edited by Lucidum; 04-18-2014 at 10:34 AM.
    By The Brass Balls of Khorne- http://khornesbrassballs.blogspot.com

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidum View Post
    Honestly i both love and hate this sculpt….I have a serious thing for Dinosaurs, i mean, I go fossil hunting in my spare time and have studied paleontology (so….basically i’m a nerd). And while i LOVE the concept of a giant dino even bigger than a Carnosaur for Lizardmen, this thing…..DOES kind of look like a scaly rat. The tail is too spindly and thin and the snout is rather rodent-like. I may buy one and convert it, but I’m hoping someone at GW takes a look at the old Lustria book and decides the conversion for the Engine of the Gods would make a good kit.

Name:	don1.jpg 
Views:	1029 
Size:	100.6 KB 
ID:	8313

(Granted….still kinda suffers from “thin rat tail syndrome” but it looks much more like a dinosaur)
    Glad I am not the only one who sees the resemblence with a giant rat (yes I have seen rats in rl Eldergal).

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Glad I am not the only one who sees the resemblence with a giant rat (yes I have seen rats in rl Eldergal).
    All fear the mighty Ratigator?
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    All fear the mighty Ratigator?
    lol I think part of the problem for me with this model is the lack of uniformity. The tail looks like a rat tail. The body is really small and the big spikes make it even smaller (love the idea of big spikes but it doesn't work for me on this model). And the head looks like a T-rex which would be awesome if it the model had the form of a T-rex....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12