BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    That's because Khorne Berzerkers, Thousand Sons, and Noise Marines are all generally terrible if you play in anything more competitive than the kiddy pool. But then again, basically all the CSM troops are terrible. Luckily they have some good units in other slots.
    Sadly true! However if you want to really screw with people take the crimson slaughter and possessed troops.... (10 possessed in a rhino or landraider will wreck someones day....)
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    10 possessed in a rhino or landraider will wreck someones day....
    usually your own...but hey, why not.

My advice, embrace the dark gods and you will never stray again, theres so much chaos has to offer for armies
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    usually your own...but hey, why not.

My advice, embrace the dark gods and you will never stray again, theres so much chaos has to offer for armies
    Hey a wreck is a wreck.

Oh! gotta ask, Is the Chaos Space Marine Attack Force a good purchase to start a chaos army? It seems (To me who dont have any Chaos yet atleast) like a good way to start, and you do save a bit of money too..

Chapter-Master

as a starting force? nah I dont think its that good. theres not a lot of syndergy in the units depicted....

it on top of a DV set however....that probably starts looking better
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chaos has been a love/hate relationship for me since I started in 2nd edition.
    I always loved the models and the opportunities to convert and kitbash. I ended up hating the discrepancy between fluff and rules in nearly all editions (except 2nd and 3.5).
    Chaos always cries out "im special!" and ends up beeing the same as ordinary space marines with other names, less options and in most cases higher point costs.
    At the moment my chaos army ends up at the shelf. If you really want to play "Chaos" you have to buy FW, as everything mentioned in the fluff is manufactured by FW and not by GW.

Yes, do it. Start chaos get some daemon allies. But go in with a strategy. All khorne is the way I'm going right now. So what if rending is better than ap3 for a point cheaper. I like khorne. So what if skarabrand gives rage and hatred to my opponent to. Sounds like fun to me. Plus thirty flesh hounds.

I dont realy have any plan for my chaos marines.. I need to get my chaos marine codex back from a friend so I can look into them a bit more.. But I do like Thousand Sons.. And I was considering Typhus and some plague zombies... THough mayhaps not in the same list. Hmm..

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Merellin View Post
    I dont realy have any plan for my chaos marines.. I need to get my chaos marine codex back from a friend so I can look into them a bit more.. But I do like Thousand Sons.. And I was considering Typhus and some plague zombies... THough mayhaps not in the same list. Hmm..
    Well if you want laugh's put Failadon in a Slaanesh terminator unit (FNP ABBY FTW!)

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Merellin View Post
    Id then recommend having a plan before you buy anything.

chaos is probably one of the least plug and play armies in the game therefor changing one thing can easily lead to changing the entire list

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast