BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Apparently 40k is the root of evil

Edit: sorry, the article was taken down because of copywrite issues.
    Last edited by Stormlord Aeirling; 01-05-2010 at 04:38 PM.

Abbess Sanctorum

Can you at LEAST provide a summary of the article?
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

My apologies, i was just taking a few minutes to find out why my link had died. (All it said was there had been a issue with copywrite and the article had been removed)

Basically, it was a long description of how 40k was made to corrupt our children into genetically altering themselves and becoming government hit men who believed in a single god empereor. i can't remember it word by word, but thats a basic summary.

mods, you can go ahead and lock this. sorry.

Librarian

there was actually a BOLS article on this ages ago, freaky stuff
    Conscription in the Lucky 88th
    http://lucky88th.blogspot.com

Goodbye
    Last edited by Aldramelech; 03-17-2010 at 04:17 PM.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Sod it, I'm up for some genetic enhancement. Is there a tickbox for that in the forum control panel?

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Stormlord Aeirling View Post
    My apologies, i was just taking a few minutes to find out why my link had died. (All it said was there had been a issue with copywrite and the article had been removed)

Basically, it was a long description of how 40k was made to corrupt our children into genetically altering themselves and becoming government hit men who believed in a single god empereor. i can't remember it word by word, but thats a basic summary.

mods, you can go ahead and lock this. sorry.
    I think I've seen that movie before!
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldramelech View Post
    Yep, Thats been around for quite a while. The Lady in question pops up every couple of months or so, spouts off that we're all derainged psyco's, has the site shut down by somebody (GW?) and disapaers for a while. If I remember the article is called "Games Workshop, Death Toys!" and does indeed claim that GW is in colusion with the Goverment to turn all our kids into genetically enhansed killers for the various wars we're fighting at the moment. It is so stupid its quite funny....
    Yeah, thats exactly what she/he/it said.

heres the article [url]http://www.pbsblog.com/pbsBlog/SpaceMarines/deathtoys.html[/url]
    I am captain politically correct, and the king of maturity.
    To survive on this forum, you must be as mad as a hatter...Thankfully, i am.

Librarian

Crazy people are so funny, mostly because they are so stupid/ignorant.

My favourite part is where she talks about the Horus Heresy, and how GW makes civil war cool and fun; clearly ignorant about how tragic the fluff actually makes is sound. It was brother against brother, no one did it gleefully. It was heartbreaking; the Emperor seeing one of his sons kill another, then having to stop him in return.

And Angel of Death, clearly she isn't religious otherwise she'd know that most western religions DO have angels of deaths: like the Archangels Gabriel, Michael, Samael.
    It is not the combat I resent, brother. It is the thirst for glory that gets men cut into ribbons.

Yeah i know. I had a similar reaction when somebody posted it over at 40k online. I typed up a good, long post about it

my exact words upon reading the article.

this is the most ridiculous thing i've seen in some time.

First of all, they are not toys, and they are not designed for children under the age of 13.

Secondly, it'd just a game. Gw is not out to make people run around slaughtering hordes of innocents. They are just trying to make a fun and tactically challenging miniature wargame.

Thirdly: Have these people ever read the bible? It says very clearly there a whole bunch of things about killing and murdering and raping and god smiting those who he does not like and all sorts of horrible things. Yet children are often encouraged to read the bible as it is supposedly the book of the lord.

Fourthly; if this dude's kids are idiotic enough to think that because it says horus killed a whole bunch of people and the space marines kill all heretics etc, etc, that they should do the same, then he obviously has been neglecting to teach them properly about life and the difference between reality and fiction. This is not GWs fault, this is the fault of the parent who has not been raising his child right.

fifthly: most of the people who play 40k are over the age of 16. A very, very small margin of 40k players are of a younger age, and i've never known any under 13 years of age. None of the gamers i've ever known have been rampaging lunatics who run around murdering everyone because the space marines did it.

sixthly: If he thinks the stuff that happens in 40k is any worse than what happens in real life (And is broadcasted on TV) then he is an total idiot. I mean, people get bombed to death in Iraq everyday by terrorist groups while corrupt CIA agents are jailed for life for taking bribes to commit horrendous crimes. all this can be watched on the evening news.

seventhly: IT IS A GAME. did everyone understand that. A GAME it is not designed for people under the age of 13, nor for people who cannot tell reality from fiction.
    I am captain politically correct, and the king of maturity.
    To survive on this forum, you must be as mad as a hatter...Thankfully, i am.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast