BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I guess at least we can put the commissars where we need them though; in the Heavy weapon squads where their ld10 can really help with those 'take it down' orders.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Chaplain

Big risk of doing that though is if they do execute someone you are losing a 2 wound model, that's where Listen up Maggots or a Lord Commisars leadership bubble comes in handy

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Gleipnir View Post
    My bad you were only opposed to putting Heavy Weapons in the infantry squads, I just normally blob my Infantry squads with Heavies so got a bit confused there for a sec.

Yeah buying 3 more Armored Fists is on my to do list I want to run 2 30 man mixed Heavy Weapon infantry blobs with a couple of supporting special weapon teams and a 3rd platoon as a mechanized platoon.
    I've preached it once and I'll preach it again -- but seriously, just don't put your heavy weapon teams inside of infantry squads. It ties down the squad which could be doing something useful other than being abbreviated wounds for an autocannon or lascannon.

And yeah, same idea for the Mechanized.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Big risk of doing that though is if they do execute someone you are losing a 2 wound model, that's where Listen up Maggots or a Lord Commisars leadership bubble comes in handy
    Simple solution to that is don't execute anyone. You aren't forced to in the new dex, that was why I never took commissars in the old version; but now they look more like a viable option for me. WW2 attitude rather than WW1.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by John Bower View Post
    Simple solution to that is don't execute anyone. You aren't forced to in the new dex, that was why I never took commissars in the old version; but now they look more like a viable option for me. WW2 attitude rather than WW1.
    Depends on what battle you are fighting in WWII, Stalingraad?

Chapter-Master

The rules are better this way. Depending on who you talked to, you couldn't split up the Guard Platoon to take advantage of things like the Valkyrie. Now you can. And Taking a squad of Valkyires means you can put three squads in there... like special weapon squads...
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Depends on what battle you are fighting in WWII, Stalingraad?
    what I meant was that in WW1 they just executed you for cowardice; blanket . But by the 2nd lot they had realised it wasn't as simple as 'stay and fight or you're a cowardly dog', there's reasons people run away; shell shock being 1 that readily springs to mind. And I'd imagine that would be far worse in the galaxy we're supposed to be fighting in. Even some Commissars are going to be like... "there's nothing to fear but fear itself..." *looks around* "Oer, I dunno though, leg it chaps".

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by John Bower View Post
    I'm not sure if this is fluffy enough for me though. The idea was that Commissars in the 40k universe are the guys that will go to the most extremes (except for Space Marines) to keep fighting and others fighting in the face of anything. Now you can "opt" to not execute someone? Makes the commissars far too human.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    The rules are better this way. Depending on who you talked to, you couldn't split up the Guard Platoon to take advantage of things like the Valkyrie. Now you can. And Taking a squad of Valkyires means you can put three squads in there... like special weapon squads...
    ??? It was like this in the previous codex, I don't see the differences here. Or are you talking about the Commisars?

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    I'm not sure if this is fluffy enough for me though. The idea was that Commissars in the 40k universe are the guys that will go to the most extremes (except for Space Marines) to keep fighting and others fighting in the face of anything. Now you can "opt" to not execute someone? Makes the commissars far too human.
    No, makes them actually useful in the light of new rules.
    Units in cc with a unit they can not harm (like IG vs Wraithknight) can opt to fail their fall back morale check to get out of cc. "Ok guys, we have to flee we cant harm him, but first im gonna shoot one of you... just for reasons"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast