BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I wasn´t being cocky (yeah, right...), but more like wondering the effectiveness of the armored assault now days. Remember, this was a "Haven´t-played-with-these-in-a-while" -list, that really does not work in this edition. I STILL fear the outflanking BAAL flamers, who´ll toast any objective holders in my end and Drop pod -assault IS DEADLY. Land Raider really doesn´t give the same "Oh My God, you a-hole brought a Land Raider!" -moments, that was in the 5th...it takes one tlBL and PIM, you are (at least) Immobilized...
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

I guess it depends on your local meta but I cant remember any "Oh My God, you a-hole brought a Land Raider!" -moments in 5th. It was more like "oh wow you really hate winning when you bring a Land Raider". Brightlances existed also in 5th edition and Eldar dont have a hard time fielding them.

So Charon you are saying that one of the games most powerful deathstars can kill a couple of dreadnoughts from an old 5th codex... Not really a profound revelation

I like running a pair of vindicators. Charge them up fast on the first turn and try to get a round or two of shooting before they die. Great for grabbing people’s attention and getting other units up the board unmolested.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob821 View Post
    So Charon you are saying that one of the games most powerful deathstars can kill a couple of dreadnoughts from an old 5th codex... Not really a profound revelation
    Obviously I answered his question, so I guess to him it is indeed a kind of relevation.

i think the main thing that seems to have made 'tracked' vehicles a little less effective is the difficulty of getting reliable 4+ saves that most 'skimmer' style units can still get; and lower side armour than front armour [most skimmers have the same armour front and side] means enemy units always target the 'weak' armour.

not that i enjoy playing against a vindicator wall or outflanking heavy flamers, but there are ways to frustrate it and rear armour arc is very vulnerable. - skimmers by contrast are mobile enough to avoid many threats or to manouver into new positions much more quickly.

Battle-Brother

I dont play BA, but I still love the rhinos with my space wolves., if only for the mobile cover they provide for my units. Probably just my meta, but the guys I play never seem willing to waste shots on an empty rhino, despite the fact that it is completely obscuring a squad of long fangs or what have you every turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Obviously I answered his question, so I guess to him it is indeed a kind of relevation.
    I beg your pardon sir.

Chapter-Master

The thing you're not seeing, Vyper, is that any data gathered from a game of "newest and possibly strongest" codex vs. "oldest and among the weakest" codex isn't really valid. You can't say anything about Blood Angels tanks from this game because there are so many things wrong with the Blood Angels codex right now that really, who knows?
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

I think BA´s are still kicking a**, but not with the vehicles. Fe. Mephiston, Dante-bomb, Veterans, F´n FNP, Drop pods and Storm Ravens...list goes on...i know, that´s the army i have played against the most, first with the CSM (my first army) and now with Eldar and Dark Eldar...and the dude who plays with them, has been playing like five years longer than me, so, there´s that too ...i think what bothers him the most (and obviously other BA-players too), is the fact, that you´ve spent hours and hours painting these vehicles and now they gather dust on the shelf. Cos if you want to be able to win, there´s the "proper" selection i mentioned before, with those you can still clean house...
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Vyper View Post
    I think BA´s are still kicking a**, but not with the vehicles. Fe. Mephiston, Dante-bomb, Veterans, F´n FNP, Drop pods and Storm Ravens....
    most of which current Codices (mainly Vanilla Marines for sake of comparability) can do just as well, maybe with slight variations (like Chapter Master on Bike with Shield Eternal instead of Mephy - no psychic powers, but is actually able to take a hit...), and have lots more tools up their sleeves... so yes BA is an outdated Codex - which doesn't mean they can't give you a run for your money with the right list!
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast