BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

I think you hit the nail on the head, Tyrendian. The Blood Angels aren't as bad off as, say, pre-update Tau. There's more than one list in that old book! It's just that across the board, there are lots of units that are performing sub-par, lots of things that are overcosted, and lots of things that don't do their jobs as well as they should. A clever player with the right list can still win, but it's an uphill fight.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

I actually fear the BA getting cost reduced at the expense of a nerf to guys like Mephiston & Lemartes...

The only issue challenging BA is the cost of the units....should be fairly straight forward to fix.

Perhaps an invulnerable save for Furiosos...but that's about it.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with a fast AV13 tank dropping str10 pie plates, or three of them...not much wrong with the BAAL pred either...
    http://bloodshadowsm41.blogspot.co.uk

Brother-Sergeant

I play tau and always take tanks. Both for infantry transport and for killing nasty s**t.

eg hammerheadx2 and a sky ray

3 devil fish with squads

and I love piranhas. They get under estimated alot.

I do feel 6th has reduced the effectiveness of vehicles but not to the extent as to leave them on your shelfs. Dreadnoughts however have taken a pounding.

Yeah totally agree, walkers suffer from the worst of both worlds....perhaps boosting their HP would fix it?

I think the walker rules just need to go away. I play blood angels angels and love my Dreadnoughts but the walker rules just dont work for the aggressive play styles that I expect a Dreadought to deal with easerly. They do seem to work ok for shooty walkers like Rifleman Dreads, Eldar walkers etc...

Not sure how to fix them though. Making walkers MC's could work but finding the balance of wounds, toughness, saves and points would take a good chunk of playtesting. For Dreadnoughts I think somthing like a riptide's stats with Dreadnought weapons would hit the spot nicely.

I was thinking you could just give walkers 6 HP each, (Furiosos could get more). Or just give them a 5++ or IWND.

But with only armour 12 they can still get insta spanked by a single lucky shot... Play testing is required!

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Shadow View Post
    I was thinking you could just give walkers 6 HP each, (Furiosos could get more). Or just give them a 5++ or IWND.
    4hp would be good and IWND. Would fit really well. I think if you made a dreadnought as tough as a riptide or wraithknight you would have to take the points that would go with it. But if you do that, then you are not that far away from an imp knight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bob821 View Post
    But with only armour 12 they can still get insta spanked by a single lucky shot... Play testing is required!
    Id play against your dreads with 4hp and iwnd if they cost you 25 points more. Start the play testing there?

Chaplain

Vehicles in general are overcosted for the ease with which you can remove them with glancing shots, particularly in assault.

Part of why my gaming group uses a default armor save for vehicles that suffer glancing hits as a result of Armor Penetration rolls.

AP 1 no save
    AP 2 6+
    AP 3 5+
    AP 4 4+
    AP 5 3+
    AP 6 2+
    AP - 2+

Most your anti vehicular weapons carry at least an AP value of 4 such as krak grenades, and it really cuts down on the I punch the back of your tank with my fist and watch it explode silliness, Though vehicles are still vulnerable to the weapons designed to take them out.

Doesn't apply for glancing hits that are inflicted outside of an Armor Penetration roll, such as Gets Hot, Haywire, 6's on Gauss weapons, Graviton etc. and just like infantry models you only choose one save to use either armor, cover or invulnerable.

Two vehicle types that balance best with the change is you actually see AV10 transports and fast skimmers see use without being insta gibbed by small arms fire, and Walkers are beast in assault again so long as the opposing unit isn't all packing haywires.
    Last edited by Gleipnir; 04-20-2014 at 03:47 PM.

Part of why my gaming group uses a default armor save for vehicles that suffer glancing hits as a result of Armor Penetration rolls.

AP 1 no save
    AP 2 6+
    AP 3 5+
    AP 4 4+
    AP 5 3+
    AP 6 2+
    AP - 2+
    That's a nice system.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast