BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Eldar Warlock Jetbike Squad

For the purpose of the Tesaract Labyrinths are the warlocks in a jet bike squad characters? I'm looking for ways to defeat the most common deathstars that are out there. I seem to remember Oro Nobs mobs had the character status removed, but not sure about Elder.

If you're talking about the warlocks in a Warlock Council, none of them are characters according to the printed codex.

They also get the character status removed. They only keep it if you put them into squads of guardians or windrider jetbikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    They also get the character status removed. They only keep it if you put them into squads of guardians or windrider jetbikes.
    or eldar artillery units:

<Snipped from someones post in the Army section>

Farseer
    Jetbike, Shard of Anaris, Singing Spear, RoWa, RoWi
    Farseer
    Jetbike, Singing Spear, RoWa, RoWi
    Warlock x8
    Jetbike, Singing Spear
    Baron Sathonyx

This is the type of unit I'm wondering how to crack. My Orks just can't seem to do it. So in the theme of if you can't beat them, join them.

I'm thinking of Necron Lords with Mindshackle Scarabs and Tessaract Labyrinths. It will take luck and careful placement. But the Baron only has ld9 and 2 wounds. So if I can get the Lord in base or better a challenge then it's most likely a failed Ld test followed by removing the Baron on a 3+ with no save of any kind

Either ignore them or tarpit them. They are extremely expensive and are not scoring. Thats around 850 points. Try to play to the mission and get his scoring units.
    I know thats a lot harder than it sounds but fighting fire with fire (in your case throw stronger units at him) wont work.

the baron gives them hit and run.

so imperative to kill him first before tarpitting.

with the baron they can only move 12" and a second jump [>12"] so try putting a big blob at 20/22" so that they cant overfly you, then snipe out the baron - though with his shadowfield that isnt easy!

they really dont like meganobz but you have to screen the charge so ST spearlocks dont take you down.

i know ppl slate the seerstar - but it is a very risky points sink - without drawing at least ONE of the two essential powers they can often be sitting ducks to decent firepower [DE poison, ORC Lootaz, Necron blobs.]