demo

Valkryie

Valkryie

Vendetta

Executioner
    lascannon

Executioner

Veteran-Sergeant

HQ: I would take Pask with 2 punishers. Equip them with HB sponsons and stubbers. Being heavy vehicles means they can move and fire the lot and Pask gives rending.

Troops: Platoon looks good. Swapping out the psyker for a level 1 inquisitor (or Coteaz) could get the blob the stubborn rule as well.
    I would take carapace on the veterans to help with survivability. Demolition charge would be nice but the melta bombs probably won't see action as most enemies will try and kill them as soon as they dismount. You could take 1 vet unit and a SWS with 3 demo charges as a suicide squad (able to fit in a vendetta).

Fast: Take rocket pods on Valkyries, ordnance hellstrikes are really poor. If you go for the SWS you could drop a Valk to pay for other upgrades.

Heavy: Executioners aren't that great against tanks so swap out the lascannon for plasma sponsons or keep a lascannon but put it on a vanquisher.

Brother-Captain

Addendum to some of what Mad Cat said:

If you're going to take Pask, then give him a Punisher or an Exterminator. His ability to Rend with those weapons makes it more viable to take those particular models of the Leman Russ. Also, his HQ tank squadron, if you fill it up, should be two more Punishers with heavy bolter sponsons (camo nets are always a must). With as much firepower as this single unit can dish out normally, the fact that Pask (if your warlord) gives you Preferred Enemy, makes it that much more potent.

I think Mad Cat meant to swap the Psyker for a Commissar...? But yes, if you are going to have a blob squad, then a Commissar is a must. However, I would encourage you to remove the heavy weapons from that blob squad and instead make separate heavy weapon squads, so that your blob squad isn't tied down like a sitting duck.

I can see where you're going with the Veterans and Valkyries, but I would say that you should switch the Plasma guns over to melta guns and give them Grenadiers Doctrine as well. I'd drop the Vendetta for an Aegis Defense line with a quad gun to free up more points.

The two Executioners are a bad idea. The reason being because GW let whoever wrote this codex degrade the Executioner to its last leg and then swat that out from under it as well; they did this by making its main cannon fall prey to the Get's Hot! USR. As such you're far more likely to kill your own tank firing that thing than you are the enemy. Better to take normal Leman Russ Battle Tanks or Vanquishers.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Does pask's abilities carry to his squadron or just his one tank

Does pask's rules apply for just his tank or his squadron

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial Golden Guardsmen View Post
    Does pask's rules apply for just his tank or his squadron
    Just his tank.

Thank guys for your comments. With what you said in mind i came up with this list.

Punisher
    Heavy Bolter sponsons
    Pask

Punisher
    Heavy Bolter sponsons
    Psyker

PCS
    3x flamer

Infanty 5x
    5x autocannons

Ruin Priest

Inquisitor
    3x servo-skulls

Aegis Defense line

Grey Hunters
    2x Plasma
    Mark of Wulfen
    Wolf Standard
    Drop pod

Grey Hunters
    2x plasma
    Mark of Wulfen
    Wolf Standard
    Drop pod

Vendetta

Vanquisher
    Lascannon

Vanquisher
    Lascannon

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    I think Mad Cat meant to swap the Psyker for a Commissar...?
    Nope, Inquisitors give stubborn USR as well as being level 1 divination psykers. They don't get the auto pass leadership if you execute rule but stubborn & Ld10 is pretty damn reliable.

Compared to a primaris they get an extra wound and a 4+ armour as opposed to 5+ invulnerable. You can't get them to level 2 but Coteaz is for 100 points but he gets 2+ armour and other decent benefits. By taking one of these you get the advantages of a commissar and a primaris in the same model.

Brother-Captain

But way more expensive.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    Addendum to some of what Mad Cat said:

If you're going to take Pask, then give him a Punisher or an Exterminator. His ability to Rend with those weapons makes it more viable to take those particular models of the Leman Russ. Also, his HQ tank squadron, if you fill it up, should be two more Punishers with heavy bolter sponsons (camo nets are always a must). With as much firepower as this single unit can dish out normally, the fact that Pask (if your warlord) gives you Preferred Enemy, makes it that much more potent.

I think Mad Cat meant to swap the Psyker for a Commissar...? But yes, if you are going to have a blob squad, then a Commissar is a must. However, I would encourage you to remove the heavy weapons from that blob squad and instead make separate heavy weapon squads, so that your blob squad isn't tied down like a sitting duck.

I can see where you're going with the Veterans and Valkyries, but I would say that you should switch the Plasma guns over to melta guns and give them Grenadiers Doctrine as well. I'd drop the Vendetta for an Aegis Defense line with a quad gun to free up more points.

The two Executioners are a bad idea. The reason being because GW let whoever wrote this codex degrade the Executioner to its last leg and then swat that out from under it as well; they did this by making its main cannon fall prey to the Get's Hot! USR. As such you're far more likely to kill your own tank firing that thing than you are the enemy. Better to take normal Leman Russ Battle Tanks or Vanquishers.
    All of the above is wrong priests and inquisitors belong in your blobs and so do autocannons, heavy weapon teams on their own suck they will get blasted turn 1, never use them. Next camo netting is a waste with how much ignore cover there is in the games. Also executioners are great just use psykers to twin link them then they rock. I run my tank HQ now as pask in a vanquisher with lascannon and plasmas then ether 2 more vanquishers with the same or two executioners; then twin link pasks' squad every turn and split fire, this is a ton of damage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast