BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

I pay imperial guard quite exclusively.
    Wish I didn't have to take infantry to score objectives. Fething hate the meatbags as opposed to a proven leman russ.

If they made Leman Russes scoring by taking Pask or something, I would be having a hayday with enthusiasm. I own something like 17 Russes, and would field them exclusively if they could score.

Veteran-Sergeant

For my Templars I always include Helbrecht, a 15-strong Crusader squad with flamer and powersword (Sword Brother with PS as well) and stick them in a Land Raider Crusader. Won't complain though since I don't find it especially dull. It's a hilarious, surprisingly effective unit (especially since "combat isn't viable anymore, boohoo") and as fluffy as it gets. I just tend to take what I find cool. I also always have 2 Dark Angels tactical squads but, once again, it's fluffy and I like them so no complaints here!

THAT SAID, I wish Dark Eldar Mandrakes weren't so horrifyingly bad. I consider them the worst unit in 40k by a country mile but the models are absolutely beautiful.

I hate having the vendetta as an auto-include (don't have the new codex yet, i'm a poor student!) but other than that theres nothing i feel i Must take for the army to work in any of my armies (Marines, guard, orks, nids, dark eldar or grey knights). I do however have an amazing gaming group where we generally play very balanced lists, so auto-includes don't happen as much (although if we want a competitive game we do ramp it up quickly!). I have my favourite units that i will always include (mainly because they look cool, i.e. my mega-mega nobz, genestealer cultists, hooded cabalite warriors etc).

Things I want to include (I normally do) but wish were better are the genestealers. I play a cult list, so they kind of are an auto-include, but when my group does a "competative week" my stealers have no choice but to stay in the foam

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234