BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default What to do with the exlcusive SM captain?

Greetings all.

I made a order on GW's website (mostly books) & got the fancy Space Marine Captain...which imo is pretty nice I guess for GW giving a free mini...

anyway I just about done putting him together...it donned on me...I don't have a Space Marine army.

So I am not sure what to do with him, I have thought about starting Marines but I don't have the time or cash to start a 4th army...so if at all I may use him a HQ for Allies, plus I run a small Deathwatch group so I could use him with that.

The question is what Chapter I should make him...I thought about Deathwatch...maybe Ultramarines...

I like the idea for Deathwatch but hid left shoulder pad is not very convertable(?) so any suggestions would be helpful.

...don't know if this should be in the painting forum...
    Only in death does duty end...
    Imperial Guard W-8 L-16 D-7 Grey Knights(DH) W-6(1) L-8(5) D-3(1) Eldar W-1 L-3 T-1

Veteran-Sergeant

send him to me... i'll be your friend

Chapter-Master

What to do with the exlcusive SM captain?
    Eat it.

Just imagine that smooth plastic sliding down your gullet, sitting in your belly slowly dissolving away. Imagine it. Doesn't it make you salivate. Do it. Eat the mini. Eat it. You know you want to.

Ahem.

I'm sorry. I got distracted there for a second.

Anyway, I'd say paint him up as the start of a small Exorcists force. Exorcists are unknown founding, so you can use any Chapter Tactics you like (probably Ultramarines, because although they probably aren't descended from the Ultramarines, they do fight with versatility and tactical acumen). But, they're probably descended from the Grey Knights, and they do focus on daemon-slaying, so you have a perfect excuse to ally them in with your Grey Knights.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    Eat it.

Just imagine that smooth plastic sliding down your gullet, sitting in your belly slowly dissolving away. Imagine it. Doesn't it make you salivate. Do it. Eat the mini. Eat it. You know you want to.
    Hmmm...that's the opposite route from what I was gonna suggest.

Veteran-Sergeant

You could always paint it up as a statue, objective marker, City of Death stratagem, plenty of uses if you don't have an army for him to go to.

I was going to suggest using as a mangled corpse underneath your favorite HQ/Monstrous Creature/Wraith Knight/Stompa/Greater Daemon/etc.

Lots of uses!

I took the sword from mine and made it into a objective marker, on a stone cult altar. The thing screams cheesy DnD book art, considering how old the original is, it makes sense.

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by phreakachu View Post
    send him to me... i'll be your friend
    Damn, beat me to it. I'll up the offer I wo'n't be your friend!

More seriously possibly 3 options

1. Leave it sealed in its clam shell and sell it on ebay in a few years time
    2. Paint it up as a display peice
    3. Convert it either as something else, or into "basing" for your other armies.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

spend another £60 and get another? Then pit them against each other in a fight to the death!

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    spend another £60 and get another? Then pit them against each other in a fight to the death!
    To captains enter, only one my exit! Thunderdome!
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast