BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Idea for converting an Eldar Avatar.

Take this guy:

Clip off the branches - turn them into sharp edges/points.

Assemble him using the antlers from the Treeman Ancient and the face from the Treeman. Paint the 'internal' parts of to look like they're hot, paint the 'bark' to look like iron or metal that's blackened from the heat. Job done.

I suppose you could adapt him by giving him a Wraithknight sword and a GS loincloth.

What do we think?
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Occuli Imperator

I won't lie to you. I thought that model would make a brilliant Avatar too. Though I like the skills to pull it off.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

The model was actually based on the Wraithknight, so that's why it works with the aesthetic.

Funnily enough, I was considering using this guy as an Exodite Avatar.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

had simillar thoughts myself not sure how to tweeck it but i think i can make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    The model was actually based on the Wraithknight
    "Actually"? Or "I think because the legs have a similar pose"?

I'm usually a greenstuff guy, a guy who'll complain about not converting a model like this, but this guy...I wouldn't touch him, he's just perfect to be an exodite avatar, I'd just give him a specific paintjob that would make it clear he's exodite.

The leafs, the tree parts all feel very exodite to me, but you could go either way, more wraithknight like or more treelike. I would convert the other treemen into eldar exodite knights, using knight pieces and weapons, but this guy, has the sword, he has the look, he's a perfect avatar.
    https://www.facebook.com/DarkMoonKabal

Librarian

definetly let us know how it turns out

Chaplain

Doesn't this kit include 3 different setups? If so, I would use the antler head instead of the leafy head. I have to agree with everyone on it being perfect for an exodite avatar... or perhaps an avatar of Isha. I know Isha is dead/imprisoned but the model looks tailor made for something like that

If I was good with Green Stuff... I would leave the model as is, then add flames to the tree branches that are hanging off the body... just seems like it would work and reflect the exodite style of the avatar.

Brother-Captain

I like the idea up top about removing the tree-ness of it.

Exodites don't have avatars of Khaine, the point is they haven't embraced the ways of the craftworlds, they do things their own way and I don't want to change that. I like that they're much less mystical than their craftworld cousins, and instead do their heavy lifted via dinosaur.

No doubt people will make lovely conversions out of the idea though, so although I don't agree with it fluff-wise it will be cool to see as a model.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast