BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Battle-Brother

Default inspirations for your knights?

hey all
    ive just finished building my imperial knight (you can see it in my gallery and build thread) and as inspiration for it i decided to use my own family crest and colours. I was just wondering what inspirations you used for your own? completely made up? based on something real? based on other 40k units? be great to hear what everyone used

thanks all
    Az

Battle-Brother

Mine is pretty simple. Overall forest green airbrush with highlighting, and the house colors for each one is based off of one of the army divisions I've served in. First one was 1st Cav, yellow field with black line from top left to bottom right. Second was from the 1st Armored Division, tri color field, yellow on top, blue in bottom left, red in bottom right. My next one will be 3rd Infantry Division, blue and white striped field.

Battle-Brother

sounds cool any pics?

Battle-Brother

The name for my Knight Household, House Sophrosyne, came from the Greek ideal by the same name. Sophrosyne is moderation, self-control and balance. After their planet, Araneum XIII, was scorched by Chaos and the Wolf Spiders chapter of space marines arrived, the Knights of House Sophrosyne assisted with the building of the fortress monastery, The Nest, deep in the equatorial jungles. Since that time, the Lord Masters of the household have worked for generations to serve as moderators and keepers of balance between the indigenous population and the marines. The household tirelessly supports both the Space Marines of Adeptus Lycosidae and the politicians and officers of the planetary militia in defense of their home system and surrounding systems.

It is also the endless quest of the Knights to restore the planet to its previous state by way of an intense conservation effort spanning thousands of years. Not only do they seek balance/moderation for all inhabitants of the planet, but for the planet itself. Their quest for balance between the natural state of the planet and development/modernization required by the people of the planet is the guidance for their colors, bronze and forest green. (bronze trim, forest green armor)

Thank your for this thread, as I have been mulling this all about in my head and have now put something in writing.
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." Douglas Adams

Battle-Brother

sounds great; ive not had a chance to put my back story in writing yet...i know roughly what i want, so hopefully ill add it to my knight gallery soon - heres my knight, theres more in my gallery
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4194614.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	172.4 KB 
ID:	8368Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4194615.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	194.1 KB 
ID:	8369Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4194631.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	116.5 KB 
ID:	8370

I've been itching to do an Inquisition-themed Knight since the kit came out, and since I found out there's an entire Ordo to oversee the Mechanicum -- the Ordo Machinus. I had a rough idea for an Inquisitor that helped the Mechanicum save a forge world and they gave him a Knight as a gift, or somesuch. Black and white paint job, maybe, with gold trim and a red hood over the mask. Get some Forge World etched brass for the Big I and go to town.