BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Oh yeah, Imperial Guard have been destroying tournaments this whole edition. They really deserved a nerf. Hope they never get another good book ever again /sarcasm

Sarcasm aside, I really wish that the Imperial armies had more access to their forge world units. Apart from the super-heavies, most units, armies, etc. are pretty well balanced (when they are up to date on rules) compared to other armies. And really,, I think the issue of too many books to read when you include forge world really no longer holds ground. Between all the supplements and the fact you can have 5 books in one army? What the hell am I playing?

The meta gamer in me is screaming, "finally, variation!" But the rules lawyer in me is lost and confused why I am locked away from playing my most favorite armies and units for what reason now? I have seen no reason, before, other than others do not know the rules of my army, and I did my best to be understanding. But now, we live in a world that is full of uncertainties about how you can construct an army. I just want to play my Armored Battalion.

Scout

I'd go for a Steel Legion, or other Mech/Armor supplement. The idea for a Chemdog 'dex would be amazing, but such a long shot... I'd really like to see something completely new, full up penal legion.

But my money is on something like Farsight... a couple formations a character or two, maybe an enhanced sentinel or other vehicle. Or a formation that combines a russ with a mech platoon (true combined arms). Assuming GW/FW keeps Krieg and Elysia updated...

So I'm guessing that everyone that bought the new AM codex is due a partial refund due to GW purposefully releasing an incomplete book and charging full price for it?

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by William Lang View Post
    So I'm guessing that everyone that bought the new AM codex is due a partial refund due to GW purposefully releasing an incomplete book and charging full price for it?
    What's incomplete about it?

Quote Originally Posted by This Dave View Post
    What's incomplete about it?
    Would you care to place any bets on Marbo (just as an example of something purposefully removed from the codex) not returning in a paid DLC?

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by William Lang View Post
    Would you care to place any bets on Marbo (just as an example of something purposefully removed from the codex) not returning in a paid DLC?
    No, but since I never used him and probably never will it's kind of a non issue for me and probably for a lot of people. So the AM codex isn't incomplete because it left out some characters.

Chaplain

Marbo coming back in a supplemental codex to me just sounds like wishlisting sorry, unless they are going to change how they go about producing Codex Supplements you wont see new units added to them.

Dataslate maybe, but this rumor strikes me more of taking what would be the obvious possibility of a Catachan Supplement and tossing in as much extra maybes as can be believed from the internet echo chambers.

Quote Originally Posted by This Dave View Post
    No, but since I never used him and probably never will it's kind of a non issue for me and probably for a lot of people. So the AM codex isn't incomplete because it left out some characters.
    I can't remember the last time I didn't field him. For the 45pts or whatever it was he seemed pretty handy with "He's Behind You" and the demo charge. If I go to the new codex I'm going to have to just use him as a Sergeant or something bland.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Gleipnir View Post
    Marbo coming back in a supplemental codex to me just sounds like wishlisting sorry, unless they are going to change how they go about producing Codex Supplements you wont see new units added to them.

Dataslate maybe, but this rumor strikes me more of taking what would be the obvious possibility of a Catachan Supplement and tossing in as much extra maybes as can be believed from the internet echo chambers.
    I agree. If you look at all the suplement codexes so far they are terribly sparse in actual content. Nice books, well illustrated, decent background etc. But in the end you get 1 rule (take chosen as troops even without abaddon, battlesuits as troops etc) a different warlord trait table and some new relic items. Very dissapointing.

Forgeworld may be willing to bring out true supplemental codexes for their Elysians, Kreig and possibly traitor guard but I doudt GW will do the same to the degree that players will want. The odd dataslate is far more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Cat View Post
    I agree. If you look at all the suplement codexes so far they are terribly sparse in actual content. Nice books, well illustrated, decent background etc. But in the end you get 1 rule (take chosen as troops even without abaddon, battlesuits as troops etc) a different warlord trait table and some new relic items. Very dissapointing.

Forgeworld may be willing to bring out true supplemental codexes for their Elysians, Kreig and possibly traitor guard but I doudt GW will do the same to the degree that players will want. The odd dataslate is far more likely.
    Are stories and artwork not content?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast