BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Reaver titan, worth getting, what weapons?

So I ran a mega battle at my flgs last week, it went extremely smooth for as large as it was. It was the final game after a 8 week campaign I had been asked to run. We had 16 players, with 3000-5000 points per player. Each player was allowed 1 super heavy or gargantuan creature. After the all day event I was asked when the next apoc game would kick off, so here we go again.
    So I'm back to the drawing board working on custom scenarios and reward points for players that participate in the campaign. I'm thinking about buying a reaver titan, I already own 2 warhounds with dual turbo lasers on both. In our mega battles players have the ability to spend campaign points to bring additional super heavys.
    So I'm looking for feedback, is a reaver going to give me good bang for my buck? I love the look of them, and if i get one I'm sure i will get all the weapons at some point, but what options would be best to start with? Also
    in our group people won't complain about anything being overpowered so all options are on the table. Sadly the reaver has no good anti air options, I struggle to deal with the 2 Tau mantas that normally show up.
    Current armys: World Eaters, Dark Eldar, Grey Knights, Blood Angels, Orks, Crons, White Scars, Tau, 30k Death Guard, Iyandan, Deathwing

Battle-Brother

2 x laser blaster arm and apoc missile launcher is the most destructive.
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." Douglas Adams

I think having the turbo laser destructor is more destructive than the Apoc missile launcher. However, after having experienced Adepticon's Exterminatus event using a full D Reaver, I would say perhaps having a Vulcan Megabolter on the carapace would be good if you think you'll be facing FMCs at all.

And Njal w other Rune Priests nearby to nullify Puppet Master, which on a Reaver, WILL destroy pretty much the rest of your entire army. And it can be Puppet Mastered multiple times in a single turn. Then the Bloodthirster glides down to tie it up and then destroy it after 4 rounds of combat. Yeah, that happened!

The Reaver on Reaver battle basically comes down to who goes first, and if you have other weapons to take out the void shields before the D blasts take out the Titan itself. With 3000 points or more you should be okay though, and bigger tables help keep those pesky psyker monsters away for an extra turn or 2.

Str D is such crazy bologna these days. I thought it was plenty good previously but now it's just stupid o.p.

Brother-Captain

I'm a guy that likes maximum damage over-all, rather than a few epic-ly powered attacks on a few targets. As such, I take the following:

Left Arm: Gatling Blaster
    • Why? Because it's SIX large blast templates that are Primary Weapon (meaning you roll two D6 and take the highest) and can insta-kill Marines and anything worse. It also does a fairly good job against vehicles (except for Land Raiders - but that's Ok because of below...).

Right Arm: Laser Blaster
    • Why? Because it's the most efficient D-weapon in the Reaver's tool box. Three large blast Template D-weapons. Hard not to like it.

Carapace: Vulcan Mega-Bolter
    • Why? Because this thing is your best friend. It can take down flyers, remove Void Shields, and help mow down infantry with it's nice S6 AP3 profile. At Heavy 15, these things put out a dangerously high amount of firepower. Highly recommend for a carapace weapon.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214