BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

I have to say that now I've played 2 games using the new guard, it's a good dex, not much changed really for my army to be honest except a few slightly lower costs, but made up for elsewhere. I love that you don't 'have' to shoot somebody now if a commissar is attached, so my dude may stop being proxied as a Lord Commissar and go over to being a normal bod, attached to one of my infantry squads, probly the heavy weapons where he will be useful for making sure 'orders' go through.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

So I haven't seen the book firsthand yet, but a friend of mine was keen on putting the new Priests (since they are characters according to him) with Battle Brothers Space Marine units. In short, he wants to build super Terminator units with 2+/3+ whose missed saves get another roll. Is this possible by the rules?

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Caitsidhe View Post
    So I haven't seen the book firsthand yet, but a friend of mine was keen on putting the new Priests (since they are characters according to him) with Battle Brothers Space Marine units. In short, he wants to build super Terminator units with 2+/3+ whose missed saves get another roll. Is this possible by the rules?
    It is possible as the Priests are ICs but it's kind of limited. The War Hymn ability Is usable only in assaults and only if the Priest makes a 7 or less roll. Not an awful plan but not a war winning one by any means. Just pound them at range and the Priest is nullified.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by This Dave View Post
    It is possible as the Priests are ICs but it's kind of limited. The War Hymn ability Is usable only in assaults and only if the Priest makes a 7 or less roll. Not an awful plan but not a war winning one by any means. Just pound them at range and the Priest is nullified.
    The fact that Battle Brothers cannot ride in each others transports means that he can't pack a priest inside of a seven-man Terminator Assault Squad and a Land Raider. He has to walk. That can significantly increase your chances of sniping him off. I'd say that you're not likely to get into too many problems - although that is a hefty combination. But no worse than what I've already seen happen elsewhere with BB-combinations.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah but if I or another player does it it's not an "official" list. Many people already flip out over Forge World lists, I can imagine their heads actually exploding if you show up with one where the numbers don't match the book.
    FW might even just keep the old costs, just to show how much more expensive it is to take an Armored Company...those frakkers (as Gaunt would say).
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    The fact that Battle Brothers cannot ride in each others transports means that he can't pack a priest inside of a seven-man Terminator Assault Squad and a Land Raider. He has to walk. That can significantly increase your chances of sniping him off. I'd say that you're not likely to get into too many problems - although that is a hefty combination. But no worse than what I've already seen happen elsewhere with BB-combinations.
    He would get 2+ Look Out Sir saves from most sniping attempts, though if the unit is getting hit by Lascannons even the Terminators won't be much help.

Though if I saw something like this walking across the table I think my response would be to give a 50 man platoon the Take Aim order, put all the hits on the Priest, the look at the player and ask "where is your Emperor now?"

Chapter-Master

Terminators on foot just get shot to death.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chaplain

Or have them walk up the field under 6 Void Shields. Anything that will pop 6 AV12 bubbles probably would have eventually taken out their Landraider anyways, and they can come back... Just a thought...

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    Or have them walk up the field under 6 Void Shields. Anything that will pop 6 AV12 bubbles probably would have eventually taken out their Landraider anyways, and they can come back... Just a thought...
    How are you getting 6 Void Shields?

Chaplain

The rerollable saves of War Hymns is part of the priest's unit being in assault, so until they are in close combat they would lack that.

Chaplain

It's a normal leadership test, so the priest could use any higher leadership in the squad he was joined to, couldn't he?

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213