BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Sorry but they have not. Its not listed under special rules. They have the Brotherhood of Psyker rule, thats it.
    Pink Horrors for example have EXACT the same wording (powerS and the bolded PSYKER when the chose their school of magic) but they can increase mastery level with number of horrors.
    Then that's scary to face a unit of Pink Horrors, but it's not going to change my interpretation of the rules as written.

EDIT: New section added to the 1st Post review the new officer orders.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

How can you "interpret" the rules when the rule you want to warp around does not even exist?
    They have no "psyker" special rule. It is not listed. All they have is "brooderhood of psykers" and how a "brooderhood of psykers" chose their powers/cast is covered in the rulebook.

Yeah, sorry, this is a pretty clear case, the Unit of Wyrdvane has Brotherhood of Psykers, so the Unit is Mastery Level One and so can generate one power, the models in the unit aren't Psykers so individually can't generate powers.

Brother-Captain

Sorry fellas, but I'm sticking with this interpretation. And Charon I'm not warping around any rules - I'm reading exactly what's written.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

No. Srsly you dont.
    Special rules: Brotherhood of Psykers. Thats what there is written.
    You chose to ignore it and invoke a rule (Psyker) they dont have as special rule.

Brother-Captain

No. Srsly you dont.
    Special rules: Brotherhood of Psykers. Thats what there is written.
    You chose to ignore it and invoke a rule (Psyker) they dont have as special rule.
    They are a unit of psykers that have the brotherhood of psykers special rule. You don't become something just because of a special rule. A special rule simply enhances what a unit can and cannot do. I'll go over this again.

Brotherhood of Psykers says:

"A unit with this special rule counts as a Mastery Level 1 Psyker. The unit follows all the normal rules for Psykers, with the following clarifications: (1) The unit uses the Leadership of its character, if there is one (and he is alive), or the unit, if there isn't a character (or he is dead), for Psychic tests. The unit can never use the Leadership of an Independent Character for Psychic tests. (2) If the unit suffers the Perils of the Warp, or any other attack that specifically targets Psykers, it is resolved against the character, if there is one (and he is alive), or againsta random, non-character model in the unit, if there is no character (or he is dead).
    What do we take from that?

• Point One: The unit is collectively acting as a Mastery Level 1 Psyker.
    • Point Two: The unit follows all the normal rules for Psykers.

Wyrdvane Psykers says:

that they "generate their powers from the Biomancy, Divination, Pyromancy and Telekinesis disciplines."
    That means that for each psyker that is in the unit of Wyrvance psykers, who are considered to be Psykers as seen in point two above, each one can roll to get a different power. The only limitation is that, due to Brotherhood of Psykers, they act as a single unit in using that power. This means that even if you have a unit of five psykers with five different powers, only one of those five can be used by the unit each turn because they are - collectively - using the specified power.

Brotherhood of Psykers does not, I repeat, does not declare anything that says that multiple psykers within the same unit cannot have multiple powers.

The UNIT follows all the normal rules for Psykers... not the individual models.
    The entire unit (no matter if 5 or 500 models strong) is considered to be ONE lvl 1 PSYKER. The unit. Not every individual model.

Brother-Captain

The UNIT follows all the normal rules for Psykers... not the individual models.
    The entire unit (no matter if 5 or 500 models strong) is considered to be ONE lvl 1 PSYKER. The unit. Not every individual model.
    And if the Wyrdvane Psyker's unit profile had read "The wyrdvane psyker unit generates it's power from..." and not "Wyrdvance Psykers generate their powers from..." then I would agree with you. However, that is not the case.

And I rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    They are a unit of psykers that have the brotherhood of psykers special rule. You don't become something just because of a special rule. A special rule simply enhances what a unit can and cannot do. I'll go over this again.

Brotherhood of Psykers says:

What do we take from that?

Wyrdvane Psykers says:

That means that for each psyker that is in the unit of Wyrvance psykers, who are considered to be Psykers as seen in point two above, each one can roll to get a different power. The only limitation is that, due to Brotherhood of Psykers, they act as a single unit in using that power. This means that even if you have a unit of five psykers with five different powers, only one of those five can be used by the unit each turn because they are - collectively - using the specified power.

Brotherhood of Psykers does not, I repeat, does not declare anything that says that multiple psykers within the same unit cannot have multiple powers.
    It says their because they're potentially more than one units of many models that generates once of many possible powers.

You're really twisting this in a very weasely way.

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post

Wyrdvane Psykers says:

You are shooting your own argument in the foot. they do indeed, collectively, act as a level 1 psyker. That means, all 5-10 guys, however many you have, altogether are a single level 1 psyker. Following the normal rules for them. Which means one power per mastery level for the unit, just like everything else in the game with that rule, because that is how you generate psychic powers. The Addition of a couple of plurals referring to a unit you can have multiples of in your list is hardly anything that can over ride all precedence and rules from the MRB. You are correct that BoP doesn't prevent multiple powers. Which is why Horrors at ML 3 get 3 powers.

With all due respect, this is coming across as an extremely thin grab at what really is a nonexistent abuse of rules. Somehow I don't think you just discovered a magical loophole that Daemon players collectively ignored for the last year or so based on an "s" behind Power. Astropaths say "generate their powers from" too, and they also can never have more than one. That's just how GW writes things.

*Edit* Matter of fact, nothing that I can think of written in this edition says "Generates their power." It is "powers" for everything, including stuff that can only be ML1. That is not anything you can even come close to standing on.
    Last edited by Kelshin; 04-23-2014 at 09:53 AM.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast