BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Fielding Scions without a Tempestus Command Squad

I've heard several podcasts and individuals state that you MUST take a Tempestus command squad and at least one squad of scions if you want to field scions at all; however, reading my iBooks copy of the Militarum codex, it says you MUST take at least one squad of scions and MAY take a Tempestus command squad. Also, the codex states that the CCS can issue orders to any non-vehicle unit within 12". So, 1) am I correct in saying I can field 5-10 scions without a Tempestus command squad, and 2) can my normal CCS (not Tempestus command squad) still issue orders to that squad of scions, provided they're in range?

1) yes. A Scion platoon consists of 0-1 Scion Command Squads and 1-3 Scion Squads
    2) yes. Orders can be issued to Non-vehicle-units, which the scion squad is.

This is ofcourse conditional that the Scions are part of the same detachment (i.e. not taken from Militarum Tempestus).

If you take MT Scions then you either take a commissar or a TCS as you need a HQ, these cannot be given orders by guard allies......(atleast I suspect not)
    http://bloodshadowsm41.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Shadow View Post
    This is ofcourse conditional that the Scions are part of the same detachment (i.e. not taken from Militarum Tempestus).

If you take MT Scions then you either take a commissar or a TCS as you need a HQ, these cannot be given orders by guard allies......(atleast I suspect not)
    This is a odd grey area I think with Battle Brothers... gonna need to reread the rules on BB. maybe a when the new FAQs hit it will clear things up.

Chaplain

Not really a grey area, the Voice of Command rule in the AM dex is pretty specific that orders only apply to non vehicle units chosen from the Astra Militarium codex. Similarly the Voice of Command rule in Militarium Tempestus dex says orders may be issued to non vehicle units chosen from the MT dex.

Keeps ya from adding Battle Brother IC's to the squads to get their order bonuses.
    Last edited by Gleipnir; 04-22-2014 at 09:57 PM.