BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HH IV: Conquest

i'd love the Thramas crusade to get some mention. i could see that going into the calth book as SPOLIERS something happens. personally i'd love to get something extra for my nightlords

Chaplain

Ok, so Gav Thorpe's involvement screams two things to me- Dark Angels or Raven Guard, as he is the kingpin of both chapters in terms of black library fluff. Certainly the Dark Angels proceeded to conquer after the Istvaan campaign.

Alpha Legion however could be added into any era...

A conquest from Johnson's point of view could be good, maybe the thing where he gets the ouroboros engine and the watchers in the dark as a prize. I think that was against death guard ed by Typhus and Iron Hands (not led by Manus, but other marines). Three way fight could be good, plus Jonson also captures Curze, so maybe some Night Lords would go in that book well?

Pure speculation

HHIV? Sounds like a new strain. I'd get to the doctor quick.

No Prospero = no bueno.

Librarian

Leman Russ with his Wolves facing down Magnus and his spell casting would be an awesome diorama-base setup, like Ferrus v. Fulgrim.

Fly Lord

For me, the real issue is to continue the pace of knocking out the legions so FW can make new cool minis and the fans have rules.

So far we are missing rules for:

Dark Angels
    White Scars
    Thousand Sons
    Ultramarines
    Space Wolves
    Blood Angels

Discounting TSons/Wolves for use in the Prospero book, I would expect them to cover at least two of the remaining four legions. The big problem of course is the remaining legions are 5 loyalist and 1 traitor, so i assume any kind of balanced books will either have to re-cover existing legions we already have rules for, or add new forces like Imperial Army, Mechanicus, etc...
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    i assume any kind of balanced books will either have to re-cover existing legions we already have rules for, or add new forces like Imperial Army, Mechanicus, etc...
    There's also the option of covering the loyalist elements of the Traitor Legions that remain, such as Garro and his squad of proto-Grey Knights and also my favourite character: Dantioch the genius loyalist Iron Warrior Warsmith. He'd fit well into an Ultramarines centric book as it was an Ultramarine that warned him of his Primarch (and Legion) having turned traitor and once he'd spent a year slowing the Traitor advance on Terra, he then went to Ultramar and is seen in Unremembered Empire tinkering with ancient tech.

As for re-covering the existing legions, there is the matter of the apotheosis of a couple Primarch's thus far in the books, as both Angron and Fulgrim are now Daemon Primarchs.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Last year at gamesday they told us that the next 3 books would be

Prospero
    Signus
    and then Calth

[url]http://youtu.be/BkaIEYlUQA0?t=22m8s[/url]

So it looks like Conquest will be Prospero

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Pickelz View Post
    Leman Russ with his Wolves facing down Magnus and his spell casting would be an awesome diorama-base setup, like Ferrus v. Fulgrim.

Leman Russ and wolves will be the most expensive primach to date...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    For me, the real issue is to continue the pace of knocking out the legions so FW can make new cool minis and the fans have rules.

So far we are missing rules for:

Dark Angels
    White Scars
    Thousand Sons
    Ultramarines
    Space Wolves
    Blood Angels

Discounting TSons/Wolves for use in the Prospero book, I would expect them to cover at least two of the remaining four legions. The big problem of course is the remaining legions are 5 loyalist and 1 traitor, so i assume any kind of balanced books will either have to re-cover existing legions we already have rules for, or add new forces like Imperial Army, Mechanicus, etc...
    Prospero would cover Space Wolves and Thousand Sons as legions, Sisters of Silence and Custodians as Imperial forces, and potentially Prosperine Spireguard and some daemons. They could also potentially add the events of Scars, which are somewhat connected to Magnus and Prospero, which would give us the White Scars and update for Alpha Legion.

Calth is obviously Ultramarines, with likely updated World Eaters and Word Bearers. Imperial army heavily hinted at as well. Daemon Prince Angron seems like a likely addition. If they follow up on Unremembered Empire, they could add in bits of Dark Angels, Salamanders, and Night Lords rather easily.

Signus is obviously Blood Angels and Daemons as the main focus, and adding the Thramas Crusade would cover the one remaining legion that does not fit easily in the other books- Dark Angels. It would also be a followup for the Night Lords.

Mechanicum could easily be drip-fed through the various books like they have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Chestnut View Post
    Last year at gamesday they told us that the next 3 books would be

Prospero
    Signus
    and then Calth

[url]http://youtu.be/BkaIEYlUQA0?t=22m8s[/url]

So it looks like Conquest will be Prospero
    Prospero is supposedly named Inferno, so it actually leaves that out as an option.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast