BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default 1500 Point MechCrons

Necron Overlord (Catacomb Command Barge, Warscythe, Mindshackle Scarabs) – 195
    Royal Court (Harbinger of Despair with Veil of Darkness, 4 Harbingers of the Storm) – 160
    {The Harbinger of Despair is attached to the unit of Necron Immortals, each unit of Necron Warriors has a Harbinger of the Storm attached to it}

Necron Immortals (10 Necron Immortals with Gauss Blasters) – 170
    Necron Warriors (Ghost Ark, 5 Necron Warriors) – 180
    Necron Warriors (Night Scythe, 5 Necron Warriors) – 165

Annihilation Barge (Tesla Cannon) – 90

= 1500

The Gauss Immortals with the Veiltek are in this list because I only have 3 Ghost Arks right now.

Thoughts on the list?

I think your list is solid but I'd change out a ghost arc for another night scythe one flier is like to get shot down but 2 or 3 is more likely to be more effective and gives more anti air. I run 2 and a doom scythe in my last list and was so impressed that I went up to 3

My current list is.

HQ

Overlord.
    Minshackle scarabs.
    Warscythe.
    Resurrection orb.
    Sempiternal weave.
    Total.

Troops

8 necron immortals
    Night scythe

5 Necron warriors.
    Night scythe

5 Necron warriors.
    Night scythe

Heavy support

Doom Scythe.

Tau

Cadre fire blade.

Troops

10 fire warriors

10 kroot
    + sniper rounds.
    + kroot hound.
    Total.

Elites

Riptide.
    To fusion.
    Ion accelerator.
    Total.

Fast attack

Pathfinder team.

Heavy support

Hammerhead gunship.
    + SMS.
    Disruption pod.
    +submunitions.

Total. 1500

The tau hold home base objective and thier longer ranges mitigate a lot of the mid range limitations of necrons. The riptide is so tough and effective it basically secured my victory in my last game. The hammerhead seeks easy first blood. However after the first half of the game being a disaster the flyers put me back in the game against a tough taudar list because I could get my effective units where I needed them

Any other feedback?

Brother-Captain

I would swap one of the Ghost Arks for a second Night Scythe. One is too easy to destroy, two should be better.

I don't really understand why you've taken Ghost Arks with such small Warrior squads, it doesn't exactly make the most of their abilities. Can the Ark bring them above their starting unit size? If not, it isn't likely to get a chance to use that ability, they'll either wipe out the squad or not shoot them at all, which such a small unit there isn't much middle ground to be had.

Most lists can't deal with 7 av13 vehicles, it's not about the warriors rolling everything they shoot at each turn but the whole list being hard to take down

Battle-Brother

IMHO i would drop 1 Ark and take more warriors and i dont like a command barge . It never works for me .
    AND i dont how you deal with landraiders , yeah i know .
    But your list has to few bodies for my likening .