BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Chaplain

Default re: Schaeffer's Last Chancers' and Gaunt's Ghosts' Uniforms

A quick question for accuracy's sake, as I haven't read their books.

With regards to Schaeffer's Last Chancers and Gaunt's Ghosts, do they have specific uniform colours or are they operation dependent?
    So, Desert Camo for Desert operations, Jungle Camo for Jungle operations, etc.

I would certainly expect Gaunt's Ghosts to be operation dependent due to their use of Cameleoline, which would mimic it's surroundings.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Brother-Sergeant

Gaunt's Ghosts are described as having black fatigues with greenish cameleoline cloaks.
    Schaeffer's Last Chancers actually seem to be able to wear whatever they want, which is odd for a Penal Legion.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Paulo187 View Post
    Gaunt's Ghosts are described as having black fatigues with greenish cameleoline cloaks.
    Schaeffer's Last Chancers actually seem to be able to wear whatever they want, which is odd for a Penal Legion.
    As long as they accept the mission I don't think Schaeffer cares. And Probably because they're not expected to survive the mission.

Chapter-Master

I assumed the last chancers wear what they arrive in till issued something otherwise...

The tanith are generally described as wearing dark or black fatigues iirc, but are painted grey in the old WD articles/on the webstore. I think the cloak can essentially be depicted any colour

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

But don't forget you also now have the Bellaphones (sp?) and the Verghast armour with them
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Which were absorbed into the regiment and got the standard issue camo cloaks, straight silver and standard issue armor. They just kept Insignias to remember their past - Gaunt himself wears all 3 insignias

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    But don't forget you also now have the Bellaphones (sp?) and the Verghast armour with them
    The gear that the Ghosts originally used is maintained and adopted by those elements of foreign regiments that are amalgamated with the Tanith First. So there wouldn't be any difference or variation other than specific character anomalies - such as the few original Ghosts all having "straight silver," which is a specially made Tanith war-knife.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Occuli Imperator

And the Narlwood stocks on the lasguns.

I also didn't think that the newer elements maintained the cloaks, though I do admit it is been far too long since I have read a Ghost book. Dammit BL brink out the next Omnibus.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

No, they all get the cloaks.
    But they dont get the narlwood stocks as they cant be replaced. Even the "original" Tanith has to use other stocks when their first issued weapon (which was narlwood) got lost/destroyed/...

Occuli Imperator

Yup, do the miners use there pick as their cap badge?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast