BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Yeah, I was disappointed the brotherhood got so little airtime in the books, especially as everyone other character spends so much time talking up Dondarrion. They do just seem to have been another plot device for Arya. Though the last book ended with Brienne possibly doing something interesting with Lady Stoneheart, so who knows what GRR has planned.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Chapter-Master

For all the fuss over the missing stoneheart, she's only had like two scenes total in the books. If Brienne get to the same place by searching for ninja-Arya as she did by being threatened by stoneheart, it might not matter in the overall plot even without making any other changes from the books. I'd bet on that, since GRRM is heavily involved after all.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

I get the feeling he regretted murdering all the Starks in the red wedding, which is why he bought cat back as lady Stoneheart. She seems to have been an indulgence for fans and/or GRRM.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

She was also interesting and exciting even if she didn't do much. There was so much potential there and now the show is just 'lolnope not going to touch it' and it is really disappointing.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

The sad thing is that cut out characters act like mini spoilers for the books.
    As Martin told them where he intends to go with the books you can kind of extrapolate that every cut out character/faction wont play any major role in upcoming books.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    She was also interesting and exciting even if she didn't do much. There was so much potential there and now the show is just 'lolnope not going to touch it' and it is really disappointing.
    We still don't know she's not in it.

The actress has said the character is dead. Which is absolutely 100% correct, but doesn't preclude her involvement.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Yeah, I'm still hoping its a bit of misdirection. Will be totes miffed if not.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

How young is too young for GoT do people think? After long careful deliberation and weighing of their maturity my aunt has allowed two of her daughters (almost 6 and 9) to watch it, just started on season 2. Coping fine with it so far, will stop if they react badly to anything. Really freaked my friends out who watch it, not so much as the nine year old telling them Cersei was her favourite and a great role model for girls knowing full well they all hated her. So proud.

Cersei comes across a lot less crazy in the series. I'm not sure if I like that or not.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

I prefer it, she is a bit tropey in the books.

Edit: We also start them on sex ed at five and don't raise them with the bourgeois terror of sex that characterises Anglosphere culture so that helps with the sex and nudity.
    Last edited by eldargal; 07-07-2014 at 04:23 AM.

Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast