BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chaplain

Default Rough Rider models

I find it odd with GW's latest craze of only having things in new codices that have models there are no Rough Riders available. I know they aren't terribly popular but still they put the Pyrovore in the new Tyranids codex after all.

Does this mean there are new models coming? Or is it just a weird legacy entry?

Brother-Sergeant

Honestly, I'm surprised they kept the name instead of calling Rough Riders something along the lines of Militarum Equinus so they can copyright the name. If they do make new models, I'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by This Dave View Post
    I find it odd with GW's latest craze of only having things in new codices that have models there are no Rough Riders available. I know they aren't terribly popular but still they put the Pyrovore in the new Tyranids codex after all.

Does this mean there are new models coming? Or is it just a weird legacy entry?
    Yeah, I had the same thought. Why would they have kept a unit in the codex which has no models to represent it? That runs totally counter to their recent MO of removing units from the books which have no models. With any luck that means that they've got a Rough Rider model kit waiting in the wings. I hope so, anyway, as I'd love to have 10 Rough Riders as a counter-assault unit and the Forge World Rough Riders are way too expensive for what I expect to be a throwaway unit.

Chaplain

Considering the Tyranid dex has a number of units only represented via Forgeworld options, I don't expect to see a new model anytime soon if Forgeworld has a model.

Veteran-Sergeant

did they finally d/c those horrible models from the 90's? the mongolians in space ones?

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by phreakachu View Post
    did they finally d/c those horrible models from the 90's? the mongolians in space ones?
    Yeah they've been gone a while. I have some Praetorian RRs I got from Victoria Miniatures and made some using Cadian torsos and Perry Brothers American Civil War legs and horses. Be nice to have "official" models.

Brother-Captain

I bought Warhammer Empire Knights and put Cadian torsos and heads on the bodies - then added a bunch of other gear, like backpacks, lasrifles, chainswords, etc onto the sides of the horses where packs are usually carried. I've based coated them, but they need to be finished...eventually...
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Knights or Pistoliers?

I'd go with Pistoliers meself. Much nicer models than the Knights (who sorely need an update. Nigh on 20 years old now you know!). And they have suitable pagentry about the models for a Rough Rider unit I feel.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Knights or Pistoliers?

I'd go with Pistoliers meself. Much nicer models than the Knights (who sorely need an update. Nigh on 20 years old now you know!). And they have suitable pagentry about the models for a Rough Rider unit I feel.
    Knights. You get more per box and just because it's the future doesn't mean your horses and you aren't going to wear armor (like the knights do).
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Librarian

marine scout bikes, swap riders for cadians with scion helmets. use grenade launcher fronts to count as hunting lance.

job done..... yeah they are bike rather than cav, but as we dont have AM bikes (any more) there is no issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast