Click image for larger version. 

Name:	46fd705518ce2f864490df2c4b1bc541.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	8455

Fantastic Rough Rider alt from Blightwheel

[url]http://www.blightwheelminiatures.com/terror-bird-cavalry[/url]

Veteran-Sergeant

nice!!! unless you're hitting a tourney.

To answer the original question the trend has been to remove units that never had a model. In this case there was a model for many years and GW dose not want to invalidate existing models (we hope). Before someone else says it, yes by that logic they should have kept the griffon mortar but that's what makes it a trend and not a rule. This is the edition of random tables i guess the staff rolled ones for keeping the griffin in the book.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by phreakachu View Post
    nice!!! unless you're hitting a tourney.
    Unless its throne of skulls Ive never heard of a tourney having problems with appropriate 3rd party minis
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Unless its throne of skulls Ive never heard of a tourney having problems with appropriate 3rd party minis
    I think he means GW tournaments, like throne of skulls. Whilst we may never again see a global tournament or campaign from GW ever again, their individual stores still maintain a small amount of tournaments going to keep people interested.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Librarian

3rd party models make GW store staff panic..... especially in the case like the chocobo above.... that are way better than GW offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt Codpiece View Post
    3rd party models make GW store staff panic..... especially in the case like the chocobo above.... that are way better than GW offerings.
    I wouldn't say panic, most of them are gamers and appreciate good models. Its just their job to sell GW models.

Brother-Captain

Yeah, as a former G-Dubber I have often loved 3rd party minis that I'd never mention instore.
    It's like going into an apple store and asking them to endorse a samsung product. Ain't gonna happen.
    And it's one of the few universal rules handed down from on-high too, so any staffer would be damn stupid to defy it.
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12