BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Unremembered Empire

Most likely spoilers, so read at your own risk.

I am about half way through the book, and still no explanation as to why Curze is pretty much a demon prince trapped on Johnson's ship. there was no transition for this in Vulkan Lives.
    And I am really confused as to how Curze is now a prisoner on Johnson's ship, where mere moments ago Vulkan was Curze's prisoner on his ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmaximum View Post
    Most likely spoilers, so read at your own risk.

I am about half way through the book, and still no explanation as to why Curze is pretty much a demon prince trapped on Johnson's ship. there was no transition for this in Vulkan Lives.
    And I am really confused as to how Curze is now a prisoner on Johnson's ship, where mere moments ago Vulkan was Curze's prisoner on his ship.

This is covered in some short stories, I felt the same until reading them cleared it up

Pretty sure it gets covered at some point, DA attack the night Lords kick their arses several times, play cat and mouse, Kurze eventually trapped....kind of the gist I think
    http://bloodshadowsm41.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Shadow View Post
    Pretty sure it gets covered at some point, DA attack the night Lords kick their arses several times, play cat and mouse, Kurze eventually trapped....kind of the gist I think
    prince of ravens I believe.

Was a bit more surprised that there was no mention of sevatar on unremembered to be honest.

actually vulkan lives prince of ravens and unremembered all have a really skewed time setting, they were released in almost the most backwards order possible.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

First-Captain

Prince of Crows is the right name daboarder
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Was a bit more surprised that there was no mention of sevatar on unremembered to be honest.
    Actually he is mentioned, though quite literally only briefly. It's a passing sentence that can be easily forgotten for anyone who hasn't read the book recently.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

[url]http://www.blacklibrary.com/our-ranges-horus-heresy.html[/url]

This seems new, list of HH Books, Audio dramas and short stories in a rough chronological order!

The afterword of Unremembered Empire mentions all the books it ties in together, i think its a really important part of the series as it sets the stage for the next part of the Heresy, a pivotal moment in the history, you get to know where a lot of people are and what they're going to do, its like Isstvan, the next big marker for the series.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Asterion View Post
    [url]http://www.blacklibrary.com/our-ranges-horus-heresy.html[/url]

This seems new, list of HH Books, Audio dramas and short stories in a rough chronological order!

The afterword of Unremembered Empire mentions all the books it ties in together, i think its a really important part of the series as it sets the stage for the next part of the Heresy, a pivotal moment in the history, you get to know where a lot of people are and what they're going to do, its like Isstvan, the next big marker for the series.
    Its also the authors loophole for allowing procrastination.

The "unremembered empire of guilliman" means that they can now right books for an entire period of history that has no cannonical precedence, meaning they can be more flexible about how much and exactly what they add.

still waiting to see if this will be a good thing, or merely a means to milk the story line as much as possible
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Librarian

Even given that the list is a "rough guide" to some sort of chronological order to the HH, it seems off to me. Why would you read a book about Lorgar building the Abyss to attack Ultramar without reading why he builds it, something started in The First heretic. And for what it's worth, you could probably read Prospero Burns and Thousand Sons in either order, as they seem to cross over enough to be simultaneous in my eyes.

And I agree, there is stuff missing in Unremembered Empire, but you can gleam it from the internet if you're persistent. The book itself kinda seems out of sorts in the HH. I don't think it offers anything to the plot other than being a great read and possible character development.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrendian View Post
    Prince of Crows is the right name daboarder

Where can one find this short story?

because it feels like without reading that, the transition from Vulkan Lives to Unremembered makes no sense.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast