BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Yeah, the match up between Cruz and Gulliman+The Lion is just silly. One on one it would have been an even match, two on one it should have been over in moments.

Gulliman nearly getting assassinated by a single squad of Alphas also seems pretty lame.

But the worst thing about UE for me is just what an absolute chump Abnett made Vulcan into.

He is a frigging Primarch for crying out loud, he may be mad, but just look at bloody Argon, being mad doesn't make a Primarch less dangerous, quite the opposite! Yet Vulcan gets killed stupidly easily by just about every character in the book.

Abnett has a great eye for detail, and capturing insight into human nature. But he just doesn't get space marines, never mind primarches.

Abnett should really stick to human characters and leave the space marines and primarches to people like McNeil or ADB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmaximum View Post

And at the end, I really did not like that they leaving it hanging if Vulkan is resurrecting or not. Although, if he does, I wonder if the fulgerite spear in his chest becomes one of the relics used in M40K.
    IMO Vulkan will be mortal now, on his last life if you will.

Well, it took the Cabal to put Grammaticus on his last life.
    Unless Vulkan can regen after getting shanked with the spear, I think he is done for, although they elude to him having a single heart beat at the end.
    I get Guilliman being surprised by the Alpha's: he was already distraught about something, and they were wearing the armor of men he knew and trusted. he knew something was up when he challenged the sergeant about the sword. I just hope that does not imply that character is dead. I liked him the book (forgot the title) where this sergeant set the precedent for painting helmets red for leadership, rather than censure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmaximum View Post
    Well, it took the Cabal to put Grammaticus on his last life.
    Unless Vulkan can regen after getting shanked with the spear, I think he is done for, although they elude to him having a single heart beat at the end.
    I get Guilliman being surprised by the Alpha's: he was already distraught about something, and they were wearing the armor of men he knew and trusted. he knew something was up when he challenged the sergeant about the sword. I just hope that does not imply that character is dead. I liked him the book (forgot the title) where this sergeant set the precedent for painting helmets red for leadership, rather than censure.
    Grammaticus isn't a born Perpetual, its only the Cabal that made him one, so they should be able to take that away.

And Guilliman doesn't think like the Alphas, he is still trying to play catch up at that moment, he's on the back foot after the betrayal and Calth, the Alpha squad take advantage of that to try and put him on his guard, to what end, who knows.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Asterion View Post
    Grammaticus isn't a born Perpetual, its only the Cabal that made him one, so they should be able to take that away.

And Guilliman doesn't think like the Alphas, he is still trying to play catch up at that moment, he's on the back foot after the betrayal and Calth, the Alpha squad take advantage of that to try and put him on his guard, to what end, who knows.
    I thought he was found by the Cabal after his first death in that Alpha Legion book.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    I thought he was found by the Cabal after his first death in that Alpha Legion book.
    He was killed in the run-up to the Unification Wars and the Cabal scooped him up and recruited him, making him a perpetual after the fact.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Brother-Captain

I was under the impression perpetuals worked like Highlanders, but without the There Can Be Only One. You don't know you are one until you died and I'm a little confused by your comment. How can they make him a perpetual when he's already survived dying?

Chaplain

I think he meant he survived dying because the cabal made him a perpetual!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123