BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

As long as you accept that the Lion captured Night Haunter at some point (and got rid of one of his close advisors who was in the DA books but doesn't appear in The Unremembered Empire), then you're good to go, but the short stories about the DAs are the best stuff about them in the Heresy Series.

But, Prince of Crows is in Shadows of Treachery, the one where the advisor is gotten rid of is in The Primarchs

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Asterion View Post
    As long as you accept that the Lion captured Night Haunter at some point (and got rid of one of his close advisors who was in the DA books but doesn't appear in The Unremembered Empire), then you're good to go, but the short stories about the DAs are the best stuff about them in the Heresy Series.

But, Prince of Crows is in Shadows of Treachery, the one where the advisor is gotten rid of is in The Primarchs
    are you talking about nemiel?

he gets his head knocked off in the primarch anthology....by the lion....for like no reason

edit: ahh right last line
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Librarian

Nemiel was basically trying to call the lion for going against the Treaty of Nicea, which the Lion knew. He was busy saving his ship and needed they psychers to do so. Even I was like whaaaaat? when it happened.

I've read The Primarchs and Shadows of treachery, but I don't remember Lion catching Curze. And it feels like that book should have been published between Vulkan and Unremembered.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jmaximum View Post
    I've read The Primarchs and Shadows of treachery, but I don't remember Lion catching Curze. And it feels like that book should have been published between Vulkan and Unremembered.
    its not so much captured....

Prince of crows details the end of the thramas crusade where the night haunter becomes separated from his fleet upon the lions flag ship, which then translates into the warp.

Hence the haunter skulking around the ships bowels in UE
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

I am going to have to reread Prince of Crows, I guess.
    But, so far I am enjoying Unremembered.

Up to the part where Curze made planetfall on macragge and is wreaking havoc in the Fortress.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jmaximum View Post
    I am going to have to reread Prince of Crows, I guess.
    But, so far I am enjoying Unremembered.

Up to the part where Curze made planetfall on macragge and is wreaking havoc in the Fortress.
    There is one just before prince of crows...can never remember which anthology its in, but it is form the DA perspective, it involves sevatar butchering one of their champions and then the lion returning the favour to haunter....

can NEVER remember the damned name of that one

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    There is one just before prince of crows...can never remember which anthology its in, but it is form the DA perspective, it involves sevatar butchering one of their champions and then the lion returning the favour to haunter....

can NEVER remember the damned name of that one
    "Savage Weapons", by ADB, in the Age of Darkness anthology.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

It says in The Unremembered Empire that two years have passed between Vulcan escaping Curze and him turning up. One of those vague time in the 'warp' things.

I got so mad about the way Curze is written in The Unremembered Empire. He seems to have become a total CC and tactical genius while his brothers have all turned in to total spanners who can't even take him down together in a fortress one of them built surrounded by their own legions. And Vulcan finally going mad is total pump as well. Having been tortured for long time my Curze using a prison designed to make Vulkan made he keeps it together until using his own teleportation device. Total pump. One the worst IMO right up there with the total bilge water that was the 'Primarchs' short story collection.

Yeah, I just finished the book.
    Very disappointed that Vulkan is inexplicably driven mad when he had escaped Curze and was still sane. If anything, Vulkan was more sane at the end of Vulkan Lives because he won against Curze. I gather suffering through atmospheric reentry probably sucks, but it could not have measured up to the tortures of the mind Curze inflicted on Vulkan.
    I too was bothered by Curze being stealthier than Corax, and deadlier than Angron. He seemed written as if he was possessed or turning in to a demon prince, but when he is eventually killed by M'Shen, Curze seems to almost be a sympathetic character. And the coincidence that he ends up back on Macragge after killing the demon Ushpethkar? So then how the heck does that resolve?
    Also, why was that demon hunting Damon Pyrantis in the first place? Makes no sense.

And at the end, I really did not like that they leaving it hanging if Vulkan is resurrecting or not. Although, if he does, I wonder if the fulgerite spear in his chest becomes one of the relics used in M40K.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast