BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

I suppose using the SoB for a better equipt IG regiment would work, as the fluff states that some are from more advanced worlds than others and have access to better equipment. Or as a Governers personal body gaurd. I am still not sold on male SoB as being part of the SoB however.

Goodbye
    Last edited by Aldramelech; 03-17-2010 at 04:23 PM.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    the SCIENCE of the fluff
    I am a student of the sciences. Biology and chemistry, to be exact.

From my point of view, given enough funding even modern scientists could overcome the boundry put forth for the Adeptus Astartes-- nevermind the insanely advanced Magos Biologi of the Adeptus Mechanicus, whom have such amazing technology as to be able to scan someone's genetic code in minutes (gene-scanners are not uncommon in stories that aren't Marine-centric, but then if you want information about the Imperium you wouldn't read Marine-centric stories anyway) if not less than that, or track a specific person across an entire world, not knowing where that person is in the world, based off of their genetic code alone, or design and create biologically constructed servitors (not all servitors are created from the bodies of criminals and hereteks). Such a change from male to female should really be trifling to them-- for that matter we have animals in the real world whom can do it naturally, nevermind with technology.

Applying real-world science to sci-fi, yes I know. But unless they say it is different, then we must assume it is the same. Are we also going to assume that bullets don't fly straight unless you whisper a prayer, too, or just smile and realize that such prayers are just cadences created to concentrate the mind of the soldier?
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Quote Originally Posted by Aldramelech View Post
    Only in Austin! lol
    Actually, that was in Memphis. I got back to Texas as fast as I could.
    http://crazyredpraetorian.blogspot.com/
    http://theflylordsofterra.blogspot.com/

Abbess Sanctorum

Right, Austin's transvesttite whores are much more respectable.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    Right, Austin's transvesttite whores are much more respectable.
    Wow! Just as I thought this thread couldn't get any lower than the female space marine one I was proven wrong....

Look - the end all fact: The 40k world is a piece of fiction and as such it can make up it's own rules. When it's creators just as easily could have made female marines they choose to create the sisters... Why? - I don't know! Was it right? - I guess, so since their success is pretty obvious. Do I think you contribute to a discussion by "word pooping" just for the sake of an argument? Nope...

Is this really any problem - last year I did a commission painting 12 different marines from 12 different chapters - and here is the shocker: They were all modeled as females! If someone REALLY wants to play male sisters there is nothing stopping them from doing so but their imagination!

Nuff said - staying clear now!

/M

Abbess Sanctorum

I don't think many people really care that strongly for the subject. We're just fanboys/girls who really like to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mananarepublic View Post
    Wow! Just as I thought this thread couldn't get any lower than the female space marine one I was proven wrong....

Look - the end all fact: The 40k world is a piece of fiction and as such it can make up it's own rules. When it's creators just as easily could have made female marines they choose to create the sisters... Why? - I don't know! Was it right? - I guess, so since their success is pretty obvious. Do I think you contribute to a discussion by "word pooping" just for the sake of an argument? Nope...

Is this really any problem - last year I did a commission painting 12 different marines from 12 different chapters - and here is the shocker: They were all modeled as females! If someone REALLY wants to play male sisters there is nothing stopping them from doing so but their imagination!

Nuff said - staying clear now!

/M
    So you ate Dr Thunders mysterious painter :-P

Goodbye
    Last edited by Aldramelech; 03-17-2010 at 04:52 PM.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal2Crusaders View Post
    So you ate Dr Thunders mysterious painter :-P
    Resisting to capitalize on all references to eating myself I presume you mean "are" and not "ate"... in which case the answer is Yes :-)

/M

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast