BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default A boost to Chaos from AM

As, far as I can tell, there seems to be no reason a deep striking Chaos unit cannot use the bonus from an allied AM vehicle with an Augur Array. As no way of improving the reliability of deep striking for Chaos units seems to be one of the reasons Chaos deep striking is not considered viable, this could be a useful little trick for any deep striking Chaos force. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the rules for Augur Arrays just state the bonus is applied to any unit the owning player tries to bring on from reserve, there isn't even a qualification for friendly units.

I can see a force of traitor AM being supported by deepstriking Chaos Terminators and so on.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Chaplain

I don't see any problems with your interpretation - it should work with allied CSM just fine. It's expensive, though, at 25pts and only allows no-scatter deep striking within 6" of the vehicle, so I'd hate to base my strategy on it - but it'd be one helluva "surprise," eh?

Really it is just about giving them options, but yeah, 25pts is quite steep. The 6" is less of an issue though, as it can go on some fast and scouting vehicles, and even a chimera can be 6" from the enemy deployment with flat out.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

I dunno. 25 pts seems pretty cheap to guarantee your expensive deep striking unit doesn't end up stuck up a tree, or on the arse end of the battlefield etc.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Have not similar, non scatter items (can't thing of an example, maybe homing beacons) been FAQ'd to state it only does it from friendly units from the same codex?

If so that will probably happen here.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

First-Captain

well if GW ever puts out FAQs again that is...
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I dunno. 25 pts seems pretty cheap to guarantee your expensive deep striking unit doesn't end up stuck up a tree, or on the arse end of the battlefield etc.
    A tactic that really isn't a particularly good idea in the first place, honestly. It's fun, especially if you're like me and never mishap ever, but if you want to do it you have to make peace with the fact that it isn't "optimal".
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.