BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default 1850pts Armored Assault: Clan Ruakaan and Dark Angels

I have loads of vehicles that I hold dear that would love to use in a tournament, however 6th edition rendered them a little lackluster. However I really want to use them, but still have good chances of winning. After many hours I have come up with this, and would like your opinions on any inprovemnts that could be made.
    Thanks in advance.

Primary Detachment - Clan Ruakaan

HQ

Chapter Master - Artificer Armour, Bike, Thunder hammer, Auspex, gorgons chain 250
    Master of the Forge 90

TROOPS

Tactical Squad(5) - combi-plasma, plasmagun 165
    Razorback - TL plasmagun and Lascannon 75

Bike Squad(5) - combi-grav, 2x gravgun

ELITES

Mortis Pattern Dreadnought 2x TL lascannons 145

HEAVY SUPPORT

Whirlwind Scorpius 125

Relic Sicaran - Lascannon sponsons, Schism of Mars (gives tank hunters) 200

Vindicator - Dozerblade 130

Secondary Detachment: Dark Angels

HQ

Librarian - Bike, Power field generator, auspex 120

TROOPS

Tactical Squad(10) - Plasmagun, combiplasma 170
    Rhino 35

ELITES

Mortis Pattern Dreadnought - 2xTL Lascannons -145

HEAVY SUPPORT

Vindicator - Dozerblade 130

The Chapter master rides with the bikes to go hunt out monsterous creatures/ wreak havoc in enemy lines, with the sicarian supporting. The dreadnoughts hang back and provide anti air/armour as required, using bolstered cover. The librarian hides behind the vindicators and provides 4+ cover so they can tank hits (pun intended :P )

What I am not too sure about is the number of warm bodies on the field, as it is relatively low at this points level.
    I would have loved to take the ironstone, but the restrictions placed upon relic vehicles means that one of the vindicators has to be dark angels. However, I am considering droping the master of the forge, the razorback, and the whirlwind scorpius in favour of taking a landraider achilles, who would be able to absormb hits like nobodies business, while add in some welcome melta and would fill the current roll of the scorpius.

What say you brothers?

Thanks
    Brother Dvorn
    Last edited by Brother Dvorn; 04-26-2014 at 09:28 PM.

Brother-Captain

"You're a special kind of cheesy, ain'tcha?"

List looks cool, but you've got a lot of points invested in specialized units. You'll have a hell of a time making sure your troops don't get annihilated and lose you big time for objective based games.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Brother-Sergeant

I like the list for sure. All those vehicles put out some nasty firepower, and the bike squad with ICs is awesome. I would downgrade the razorback to a rhino and fill it with a full squad of Tactical marines, and try to squeeze in a 5-man bolter scout squad for outflanking. You can free up points somewhere I'm sure.

Also, I like the Axe of Medusa on the Clan Raukaan Chapter Master because it's not unwieldy, so with a bolt pistol you get an extra attack! Plus, if you still roll a 6 to hit, it's S8 anyway. Also, it will free up 5 points so you're closer to another troops choice, which is where you're a bit weak. Also, if you take the newly acquired scouts as the troops in your Dark Angels detachment, and more the tac squad to your primary, it will save you 5 points I think... I have to check the points of scouts in DA but I know a plas/combi-plas tac squad is 200 for regular Space Marines.

I would drop one of the auspexes (since they don't stack) to free up an additional 5 points. This should put you really close to that scout squad now...

Finally random side-note, I like melta bombs on the bike sgt. over a combi-grav (if you have to make the choice) so he can contribute in the close combat fight against MCs and vehicles.

Hope that helps!

The purpose of the chapter master was to go after the bigg nasties, like wraithknights, riptides etc, so he really needs the high strength to come out on top, so I feel it may be worth it to keep the thunderhammer at the moment. However if I can find the points to spare, I could give him a weapon upgrade (or maybe the sergeants combigrav)
    Meltabombs are a good idea, and I was considering putting them on, as I am lacking any melta in the list so far, which is also the reason for possibly having a land raider achilles for a nigh unkillable melta platform.
    I put 2 auspexs in because the chapter masters is primarily for the grav guns, which will be roving ahead/ flanking so would be unable to be used for anything else.

I am going to play around with the list a bit more to fit the full man squad in, but if I do, the master of the forge will have nowhere to go, and likely be dropped, which also means I would be unable to field the whirlwind scorpius, due to relic unit restrictions.

What exactly would 5 scouts outflanking with bolters add to the list? (appart from more warm scoring bodies?)

Thanks
    Brother Dvorn

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Dvorn View Post
    What exactly would 5 scouts outflanking with bolters add to the list? (appart from more warm scoring bodies?)
    Well, if you give them cloaks then they make for a great Linebreaker unit. They can scuttle into a corner, and pop sniper shots or heavy bolter shots into things. Plus if you're up against artillery, chances are that those Scouts might get close enough to kill it.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Brother-Captain

As a little thought, your Razorback is probably better off with a twin-linked heavy weapon. It will be moving most turns so will be snap-firing one of the guns if you take the las/TLplasma turret. Only Blood Angels with their fast vehicles can make decent use of that turret.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    Only Blood Angels with their fast vehicles can make decent use of that turret.
    Sadly...