BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

A Twi-Lek and someone in a Mandalorian helmet no less!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Trying to think of the last sensibly dressed female twi'lek figure we got and I'm not sure there was one, ever. This is because Clone Wars had a huge female following by the way, and the creators of the show actually listened to them. The ysaid they would do better with female representation in the show from the start this time and they have done so, and clearly teh toy company is paying attention as well.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Yup.

Always nice to see diversity.

Especially in Star Wars. After all, The Cantina Scene from A New Hope show a species diverse Galaxy, without them just being obvious 'bloke with ridges #354' ala Star Trek. So to not follow that up with gender diversity does seem odd (though given when it was made, not unexpected. Plus, Leia was pretty groundbreaking).

Just need them to continue to remember this. And it seems they have - Gwendoline Christie's role was apparently written for a guy, then Gender swapped by JJ Abrams!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

So, we're not going to be all cynical and assume these ladies will suffer the same fate as Young Justice Artemis?

Not announced until wave 4 and then cancelled? This is wave 1 so hopefully not.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Trying to think of the last sensibly dressed female twi'lek figure we got and I'm not sure there was one, ever. This is because Clone Wars had a huge female following by the way, and the creators of the show actually listened to them. The ysaid they would do better with female representation in the show from the start this time and they have done so, and clearly teh toy company is paying attention as well.
    [URL="http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mission_Vao"]Mission[/URL].
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

She didn't get an action figure though, did she?

Brother-Captain

Well, Artemis was Mattel, and this is Hasbro, so I guess the more appropriate 'we ain't getting no girl toys' response is they'll be delayed six months

Chapter-Master

Anyone see Mark Hamill's Kenobi style contractually obligated beard this morning?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Yep.

Kind of suits him!

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast