BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    Yeah but I think that only comes out in the EU books - what Salacious Crumb is. Now he'll just be a relic from when effects of aliens from non-specified breeds and worlds were done with latex not CGI.
    Not necessarily, it is implied that it is mostly stories and characters that will be retconned. Other elements such as technology and most species will probably remain unchanged. It is inconceivable that twi'leks would cease to be twi'leks, for example, despite that term not being used in the films.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Not his point.
    I think what 'Zark is getting at is that you only learned what type of creature salicious crumb was if you read the EU books.
    If you just watched the films it was just an alien.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Ohh right, yes. The same with twi'leks and togruta I think. No reason to assume they will cease to be kowakian thingamies, twi'leks or togruta because of it though.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Psycho gets me (I am not hugely clear today) - I hope the authors in the future use the technology/xenology if not the story arcs. But my precise problem with this grand retconning is that the first one to write on the subject could (unlikely but could) just say 'Yeah I decided Twilek is just a name for a sect of pleasure girls/dancers. No one needs to know what race they are - I kept the name as a HOMAGE' or something equally fatuous.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Actually I forgot twi'leks are named in the Clone Wars teevee show which is canon. But the issue with other species and whatnot remains. Togruta were too I think.>< Don't mind me, terrible memory... I wonder what type of canon STar Wars The Old Republic is.

Howitzer I'd imagine.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Hur.

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    Psycho gets me (I am not hugely clear today) - I hope the authors in the future use the technology/xenology if not the story arcs. But my precise problem with this grand retconning is that the first one to write on the subject could (unlikely but could) just say 'Yeah I decided Twilek is just a name for a sect of pleasure girls/dancers. No one needs to know what race they are - I kept the name as a HOMAGE' or something equally fatuous.
    While this would suck, I don't really think that's going to happen. Think how much of the technology and xenology got brought in from the last grand retcon - almost all of it. And I feel pretty confident that the people in charge of things love the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    I didn't even notice that had happened, is that in the prequels or prequel related books?
    In the prequels. Near the end of Attack on the Clones, when the clone army shows up and there's the big battle with spider robots and such, Count Dooku is getting ready to make his escape, and the Geonosian leader hands over the plans for their "Ultimate Weapon" so that the Jedi don't discover them - and the holographic display makes it clear it's the Death Star. Dooku makes his escape (after making Anakin stumpy) and hands the plans to Palpatine.

They did some canonical juggling where Tarkin and Lemelisk and such were still involved after the fact, but it annoyed the hell out of me when I saw it in the theater.
    My Armies: Tau (complete), Chaos Space Marines (complete), Black Templars (2012/2013 project)
    My Blog: NockerGeek.net | Our Podcast: Preferred Enemies - http://www.preferredenemies.com

Chapter-Master

[url]http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-7-cast-announced.html[/url]

Cast for the film has been announced.

IN addition to Ford, Hamill, Fisher, Baker, Daniels and Mayhew....we have

John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow

Besides Serkis and passing on Gleeson, can't say I know any of them
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast