BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

its not like gw enjoy stealing your moeny with staggered releases of the same basic kit

Chapter-Master

Take one from an IA book instead - still gets both ammo in that list?

Veteran-Sergeant

Default vanquisher reloaded

I cant say I disagree with anything said here, it like the conquerer what ever was the point of that. I had been taking a vanquisher as part of a squadron with a standard russ, When the screaming Chapilin and the sqaud he joins come flying at me the Russ flattens the squad then the vanquisher pops the chapilin. Also good for killing wayward dreads and the occasional landraider, Had to upgrade it to add plasma cannon sponsons now. does a great job as a secondary executioner.

Librarian

Ah, the good old conquerer. The point of it was that it could both move and fire, and fire all its weapons (since it was a heavy weapon, not ordanance). Althought, for the point cost, the exterminator was probably better.

tbh I'd have rather had a vanqu with a s8 ap2 3"blast, 2d6 instead of its current weapon.

as an AT weapon it would feel more realistic (you can deviate and hit other tanks. if your target basically is a shoulder to shoulder tank squadron you couldnt miss even if you tried ), have at least a bit of AP use but still not outshine LRBT and LRExec. first has a 5" blast, second has 3 shots.

Or if they weren't going to give it any blast they could pump it up to AP1 or even S10. For as many points as you're paying for a BS3 shot you should be getting something that can do more then scratch the paint on a Monolith.

As is I don't think it's really worth it outside of Apoc or where you know you're playing some guy who always brings three Land Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by xarius View Post
    its not like gw enjoy stealing your moeny with staggered releases of the same basic kit
    Do you have to buy each kit when they come out? Buy the ones you want/need for your army, magnetize them so you can swap out the extra main cannons.

Playing a 1000pt game against unpleasant green things tonight, I'll let you know how the tank fairs.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

The Tank in question

[URL="http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx135/andyblackmore/100_0208.jpg"]http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx135/andyblackmore/100_0208.jpg[/URL]

[URL="http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx135/andyblackmore/100_0209.jpg"]http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx135/andyblackmore/100_0209.jpg[/URL]
    Last edited by Aldramelech; 08-05-2009 at 04:28 AM.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Brother-Sergeant

Nice tank, so how did you go with the Green Skins?

I also don't like the fact that it can no longer shoot HE like it used to. I can understand that they do things purely for gameplay reasons, but I think that with all that time on their hands being paid to write the rules, one can be a bit more imaginative to make all those Russ variants useful in their own right without imposing suspension of disbelief shattering (maybe too strong a word, but it shatters it for me!) restrictions.

*shakes fist at his Terminators who are now suddenly too good to hold the Emperor's objectives!)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast