BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast
    Librarian

Default 40K Rulebooks, Starter Sets and Psychic Cards Pulled - 7th Ed 40K Imminent?

So, [URL="http://natfka.blogspot.com/2014/04/7th-edition-release-date.html"]multiple[/URL] [URL="http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/290277-gw-withdraw-dark-vengeance-rulebook-psyker-cards/"]reports[/URL] that the 6th Edition rulebook, psychic cards and Dark Vengeance starter are all unavailable for order as of today, both for stores and on the web.

Looks like 7th Edition's on its way, folks. According to Natfka, we'll see a release on May 24th. Let's hope for the best.

Occuli Imperator

Still up for sale on the GW.UK site....

Though I am surprised at the release date, if it is true. GW would usually drop a new Ruleset just before the schools summer holiday in June/July ready for Gamesday in September... so 31st May might be possible.
    Last edited by Wolfshade; 04-28-2014 at 09:20 AM.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Just checked: the core rules are "No Longer Available" in the US.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CoreRulebookOOP.jpg 
Views:	356 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	8476

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    So, [URL="http://natfka.blogspot.com/2014/04/7th-edition-release-date.html"]multiple[/URL] [URL="http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/290277-gw-withdraw-dark-vengeance-rulebook-psyker-cards/"]reports[/URL] that the 6th Edition rulebook, psychic cards and Dark Vengeance starter are all unavailable for order as of today, both for stores and on the web.

Looks like 7th Edition's on its way, folks. According to Natfka, we'll see a release on May 24th. Let's hope for the best.
    Pretty exciting.

Shall I begin the rampant speculation as to the changes?

Allies Matrix is going to get changed and either Battle Brothers disappears completely or its changed in a manner so that you cannot transfer powers/abilities between units from different FOC's/Codexes.

Psychic powers are going to change and I think you'll see some warp charge 2 divination powers and a change to prescience. The IG PBS and the farseer powers both lead me to believe that Divination is the going to change. I also think that the powers that Bugs have access to will change for the better, and Pyromancy will get some nasty goodies.

USRs get an overhaul. Skyfire no longer will snap fire on ground targets but wont be as good at hitting flyers. Ignores cover will take away shrouded/stealth.

Challenges will become less of a "bad decision vs an even worse decision" for the underdog.

Escalation (hopefully) and Stronghold assault become just part of the core rulebook.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Librarian

This makes me feel a lot of panic...
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Someone in the UK on another board checked the UK version. It's listed as "available" but apparently you can't add it to your cart.

Wild Speculation (or Precognitive Decree, depending on correctness): Not actually 7th edition, most rules will not change, will only add lords of war and maybe a smattering of other extra rules that are currently available in supplemental rule sets. Book will have a different picture, box set will have new miniatures.

Also the new boxed set will cost a bit more but come with a really nice hardcover mini rulebook instead of a flimsy softcover one.

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Pretty exciting.

Shall I begin the rampant speculation as to the changes?

Allies Matrix is going to get changed and either Battle Brothers disappears completely or its changed in a manner so that you cannot transfer powers/abilities between units from different FOC's/Codexes.

Psychic powers are going to change and I think you'll see some warp charge 2 divination powers and a change to prescience. The IG PBS and the farseer powers both lead me to believe that Divination is the going to change. I also think that the powers that Bugs have access to will change for the better, and Pyromancy will get some nasty goodies.

USRs get an overhaul. Skyfire no longer will snap fire on ground targets but wont be as good at hitting flyers. Ignores cover will take away shrouded/stealth.

Challenges will become less of a "bad decision vs an even worse decision" for the underdog.

Escalation (hopefully) and Stronghold assault become just part of the core rulebook.
    I guess Allies Matrix is getting an overhaul but I dont think that they will change the whole concept. Allies can be toned down quite a bit if you have to remain in your original FOC (so Baron in Jetseer would mean no 2nd farseer, no 4 drakes,...).

Basic psychic powers will get adjusted. Pyromancy is lacking... I mean wft 2 WP for a melter shot? Dont think that codex powers will get changed (unless they change more general SR like witchfire,... )

USR will get an overhaul, there are too many atm and codices bring even more (partly with the same wording but another name)

Challenges need a change. But not for the reason you mentioned, as they are punishing strong models and in fact favor the underdog. Scared of that 10 attacks khorne lord eating your imperial squad? Step forwards sergant receive your single wound and save 9 other guardsmen. Glorious concept.

Dont mind Escalation or Stronghold if they get rid of the "look I pointed at your army and it went BOOM!" weapons.

Librarian

I'd put some honest money on Allies being expanded, rather than limited. That's easy bank for GW without needing to spend a dime.

Brother-Sergeant

Damn! I was really hoping they would finish updating the Codexes before a new edition came out. I wish just once they could finish one job before starting another. What's going to happen to all the codexes out so far? Of course they will still be playable, but how will they fair against stuff written for 7th. Same old mistakes every flipping time. Gosh darn it!

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast