release -----years old....years between
    (1st) 1987--------27..................6
    (2nd) 1993-------21..................5
    (3rd) 1998--------16..................6
    (4th) 2004--------10..................4
    (5th) 2008---------6...................4
    (6th) 2012---------2...................2
    (7th?)2014

Can't really believe they are kicking out a new edition so soon after the last....
    Agreed years wise it is odd, but content wise 6th trumped 5th and that might be a major factor.

Chaplain

Honestly, I think they are just doing like WoTC did with D&D and releasing a revised 6th which will be called 6.5 or 6thRevised etc. It was great for D&D and probably will be for this as well.

If you really don't want to buy the 6.5 book, you probably won't need to, but will just have to print out a longer Errata and have your own copy of Stronghold and Escalation, possible Apoc as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    Honestly, I think they are just doing like WoTC did with D&D and releasing a revised 6th which will be called 6.5 or 6thRevised etc. It was great for D&D and probably will be for this as well.
    This is honestly what I'm hoping this becomes. And not D&D 3 to 4 :/

Quote Originally Posted by Rangerrob View Post
    release -----years old....years between
    (1st) 1987--------27..................6
    (2nd) 1993-------21..................5
    (3rd) 1998--------16..................6
    (4th) 2004--------10..................4
    (5th) 2008---------6...................4
    (6th) 2012---------2...................2
    (7th?)2014

Can't really believe they are kicking out a new edition so soon after the last....
    Wait... by my calculations we should see a double event in 2016! WE'LL NEVER SURVIVE!

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
    Agreed years wise it is odd, but content wise 6th trumped 5th and that might be a major factor.
    content is largely just further proving the point.

the volume of content for 6th is mostly good, but its all for naught if that content is largely invalidated by the release of an edition its not designed for in less than a year.

On another note, Im more worried at the development time required for a new edition? this seems very rushed....
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Battle-Brother

I talked to my local shop right after he got off the phone with his distributer. The items listed are no longer manditory shelf items but can still be sold. That is a BIG difference from being "Pulled".

This points more towards an update then a new edition.

My two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    content is largely just further proving the point.

the volume of content for 6th is mostly good, but its all for naught if that content is largely invalidated by the release of an edition its not designed for in less than a year.

On another note, Im more worried at the development time required for a new edition? this seems very rushed....
    We don't have any proof things are going to invalidate anything. We don't even have solid info on what the release actually entails.

And it does feel potentially rushed. I'm waiting to what happens before I grab torch and pitchfork.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

We don't have any proof things are going to invalidate anything. We don't even have solid info on what the release actually entails.

And it does feel potentially rushed. I'm waiting to what happens before I grab torch and pitchfork.
    firstly, there is no torch and pitchfork...yet

secondly, Most people dont need to keep sticking their hand in the fire to remind themselves it burns
    Last edited by daboarder; 04-29-2014 at 03:23 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    firstly, there is no torch and pitchfork

secondly, Most people dont need to keep sticking their hand in the fire to remind themselves it burns
    I was talking about waiting to see what unfolds before I start flipping tables and the like. I prefer to play a long game on how things unfold and I react to them. I'll likely end up playing a few games to make up my mind before I quit playing or not.

Not that I play all that much right now as is

Not that I play all that much right now as is
    That is something I hear a lot. 6th was great but no one played it much, was somehow a bit soulless? Or were we to busy doing what gw customers like to do most. Buying models. I notice there is still no news on sales I mean games day?
    Rogue Trader since 1991.

Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast