BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Librarian

Well no they don't have to be scoring, it would be sensible to take some scoring units in an unbound list but doesn't mean you have to, but this all comes down to objectives. I can see unbound being amazing for tyranids and harlequin lists, I can see so many crazy fun lists with unbound, how about a nothing but one aspect army list. What about a terminator first company led by Lysander. Or the devastate or assault companies? Tank company or air Bourne AM, you could even arrange massive dogfights where you only use flyers.

Everyone has jumped on the anti fun band wagon but these are just a few of the ideas, yes it's open to cheese but it's also open to some crazy fun ideas!

For every person worried about their precious balance and tournaments, 10 people will be having fun games with their mates with all sorts of silliness, and they'll love it.

I think some of those people should learn to find fun in losing rather than thinking of it as the worst thing in the world.

Chapter-Master

Well, it's definitely a way to push more models but I can't blame them for it - If I played the game, it would probably get me to buy models of armies I otherwise would not collect as there are some factions where i cant stand the look of the troops yet like other models, and I dont see the point in buying models I dont like the look of, so it might be a good move in that regard...cant say how it will effect the game since I dont play though...

Veteran-Sergeant

Y'know what? I'm not a competitive gamer. I don't care about winning as long as I have fun and cool, narrative stuff happens (as demonstrated by an awesome game today where I was almost tabled except for an invincible archon that slaughtered who chunks of the enemy army). For players like me, this is a godsend. For competitive players (although, as has been said, 40k isn't designed for competition), it's as simple as saying "no unbound lists."

If you don't like someone's spammy list, here's a revolutionary concept: don't play it and move onto another opponent. I know, it's a very esoteric and arcane concept but it really works!

Also, I'd like to know how different this is in practice from the situation we have now where double FOC, allies etc. allow people to pretty much circumvent FOC anyway. This just formalises it and also rewards you for disciplined list-building.

Bring on the carnage, I'll be on the front lines, braving the maelstrom in the name of the Emperor!

Baron - House Descanso

Brace yourselves,7th is coming:
    [url]http://descansodelescriba.blogspot.com/2014/05/ultima-horase-confirma240514-nueva.html[/url]
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g8/AGRAMAR/astartes/thump_24723461234517490107vr7.gif

I'm sure we'll see the same voices that complained about percentages restricting them too much complain about this too. Lets all just have some fun and roll dice, yeah?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Asterion View Post
    I'm sure we'll see the same voices that complained about percentages restricting them too much complain about this too. Lets all just have some fun and roll dice, yeah?
    Ok sounds good.

Here's my army if 10 necron overlords with 2+/3++ saves, everliving, warp scythes and tachyon arrows.

Oh it'll be fun alright... for one of us.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Veteran-Sergeant
    The Phalanx (Royal Berkshire, Great Britain)

If these haven't already made it onto here: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7th ed.jpg 
Views:	6147 
Size:	85.1 KB 
ID:	8676Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yth ed.jpg 
Views:	5825 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	8677
    "Give me a hundred Space Marines. Failing that, give me a thousand other troops."

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Ok sounds good.

Here's my army if 10 necron overlords with 2+/3++ saves, everliving, warp scythes and tachyon arrows.

And, of course, any player reserves his right to look at your list and say "no, that sounds no fun."

Wasn't aware that asking if someone fancied a game constituted a binding contract to follow through with said game.

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Ok sounds good.

And my army is 2 Stompas, which have D-Weapons in close combat, it'll be fun. And you don't know what the benefits of a "Battle-forged" army will be yet, maybe its great and will make a big difference. No point in claiming the sky is falling when you've only seen a tiny overview of part of the rules.

Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast