BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

More or less my thoughts too.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    More or less my thoughts too.
    To me anyways, the time span between editions is just about perfect. I would like a revision of the core rules every year actually but I understand that it may be too much to swallow for a lot of hobbyists to buy new rulebooks every year.

However, if this edition goes towards "fixing" that which we find objectionable in the current version, then how could it be considered "coming too soon"?

If there's a problem with the ruleset, then it couldn't come soon enough for me! (Or my Blood Angels rather)
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Customer Service emailed me back about the rulebook (emphasis mine):

Hello there,

Currently the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook is out of stock and I do not have a date as to when they will be back in stock right now. We will have to keep watching the Games Workshop website and White Dwarf for more information. You can still get the mini rulebook in the Dark Vengeance core set. Should you need anything else please give us a call at 1-800-394-4263 and we will work to get you helped out.

Thanks,

Games Workshop
    North America Customer Services
    So something is coming. I'm prepared for the worst, just in case.

Yet if the diddy book is still available, seems unlikely the big one has been pulled for a full revision replacement.

Additional stuff in it, yes.

New boxed set to show it off? Yes.

Complete new addition, not so much.

Cheers for the info Clockwork!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Yet if the diddy book is still available, seems unlikely the big one has been pulled for a full revision replacement.

Additional stuff in it, yes.

New boxed set to show it off? Yes.

Complete new addition, not so much.

Cheers for the info Clockwork!
    The separate diddy book isn't available, only the one you get in Dark Vengeance, if you buy Dark Vengeance.

Battle-Brother

Well I just went to the US website. The hard back full size rule book is no longer available. The mini hard back is gone from the site all together. and the e-book/ibook rulebook is gone as well. the only thing left to buy and that you can add to the cart is dark vengeance. Also just went to the UK site and the same is on theirs. I just hope that whatever comes out fixes the hobby for the good and not for the worse.
    Last edited by Wolf Lord Zig; 04-29-2014 at 08:25 AM.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Lord Zig View Post
    I just hope that whatever comes out fixes the hobby for the good and not for the worse.
    Same. I'm...well, "cautiously hopeful" is the best way to explain it. There's a lot of good that could be done with a 7th Edition. Lord knows 40K could use it right now, and I say this as a big, big fan of almost all of the things 6th Edition brought to the game, conceptually. Unfortunately, GW hasn't shown much, if any interest in good game design lately, or at least thinking about how the game works beyond "is this playable in a basic sense." There's some chance that the shock of this year's poor returns has mobilized them towards better design principles, but there's precious little evidence of that yet.

I'm just eager to see what's what.

I'm an adaptable sod me. Which translated can mean I'm easily pleased.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    Unfortunately, GW hasn't shown much, if any interest in good game design lately, or at least thinking about how the game works beyond "is this playable in a basic sense." There's some chance that the shock of this year's poor returns has mobilized them towards better design principles, but there's precious little evidence of that yet.
    I wouldn't put much hope into that outcome. It's more likely to be just a money grab since the BRB is almost a mandatory purchase. I figure my gaming group will buy one rulebook at first to research if we need multiple copies or not.

7th Edition rulebook. 985 pages of fluff. 2 pages of rules. Rules boil down to 1.9 pages of terrain and model setup, and the rest explaining game play, below:

"Once all models have been placed. The player who set up first rolls a d6 to attempt to win the game. On a 6+ the game is over and that player wins. Play alternates to each player in this manner until one player wins or the end of Turn 7. Depending on which armies are on the table each player may take modifiers to their roll as follows:

Space Marines: +1
    Eldar: +5
    Chaos Daemons: +3
    Tau: +4
    Astra Militarum: +2
    All Others: -4

And remember the Golden rule: We get all your gold."

Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast