BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Not really. All I'd have to do is find out if that "detachment" is 500 points or more.
    Which you would find by looking in a book/pdf

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Eldar_Atog View Post
    Which you would find by looking in a book/pdf
    Not really. All I'd have to do is look on the other player's roster which has point values on it.

But you keep on rollin with your FOC lovin'. Its a clunky, unwieldy design that has outgrown its original specification.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Not really. All I'd have to do is look on the other player's roster which has point values on it.

But you keep on rollin with your FOC lovin'. Its a clunky, unwieldy design that has outgrown its original specification.
    Unless the other player decided to flub some numbers here and there in the roster. This has been a regular occurrence at local tournaments here with many people now banned.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by StarWarsDoug View Post
    Unless the other player decided to flub some numbers here and there in the roster. This has been a regular occurrence at local tournaments here with many people now banned.
    Thats not a problem specific to any game design however. Dumb people who care more about proving their prowess with toy soldiers than having fun will cheat. This is known. It doesn't matter if they're using a FOC or a percentage based system.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
    % wasn't going to change it either.

Actually, yes, they would. None of the stars are legal if you're limited to 25% hq and 25% elites. You can take much, much weaker versions of them and still technically get a rerollable 2+, but the seer council would only have like four guys in it compared to ten warlocks, the baron, and two farseers.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Actually, yes, they would. None of the stars are legal if you're limited to 25% hq and 25% elites. You can take much, much weaker versions of them and still technically get a rerollable 2+, but the seer council would only have like four guys in it compared to ten warlocks, the baron, and two farseers.
    And then a week later a new meta with new deathstars crops up.

% doesn't stop death stars in Fantasy, it can't stop it in 40k either.

Chaplain

Ahh, you are talking about the other player. I am talking about when you yourself are building an army list. I don't usually worry over the opponent's list.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Thats assuming warlocks would count towards the %, Im willing to bet that "slotless" units would not
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Fly Lord

via [URL="https://www.facebook.com/Lordsofwargaming?ref=br_tf"]Lords of War[/URL] Gaming:

"A new Realm of Battle board will be released with 7th edition. This board will have a "40k/City" theme and will be 6' x 4' with a travel bag like the current Realm of Battle Board."

"[Lords of War Gaming] is calling BS on the whole "percentages" for your forces in 40K."

"The next 40k army after Orks will be Space Wolves. Stay tuned for more information on Orks and Space Wolf releases."
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

hmmm may actually fork out for a RoB this time.

Ive tried to start my own boards time and time again and it just never takes off for me
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast