BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

I sincerely hope it's not 50% elite, fast etc... Riptide spam needs to be fixed, as does Daemonprince spam, which both account for 2 of the 4 lists right now that are breaking the game.

The transport problem is solved by just saying <25% but may be exceeded by a single unit and it's transport. That way you can have your uber unit but it's still just 1 unit and suffers the weaknesses of 1 unit, rather than spamming 3 ubers. A system like this would work perfectly imo.

Now if they could only use this opportunity to FAQ fix some of the broken rules like Riptides and ICs and Voidshield paradox...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    I sincerely hope it's not 50% elite, fast etc... Riptide spam needs to be fixed, as does Daemonprince spam, which both account for 2 of the 4 lists right now that are breaking the game.
    Read my post.

<25% Heavy/FA

<20% Elites, meaning you could take at most, 2 riptides I think in 2k points.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    wouldn't want to be an ork player at 2k

4 times 30 boyz hordes in EVERY SINGLE LIST that isnt running a warboss
    Based on the current codex. Also, no one plays at 2000 points and anyway, the HQs for Orks mean that they can either take Nobs (huge point sink) or Deff Dredds (pretty pricey) as Troops

And why wouldn't you want 120 boyz in a list at that point value? I use at least 90 at 1000 points.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Read my post.

<25% Heavy/FA

<20% Elites, meaning you could take at most, 2 riptides I think in 2k points.
    It was in reference to the Fantasy %50 special(Elite) allotment.

Side note; They really need a mission though where Elites play a role as currently in most codex they are trash units. Most tourneys in the Midwest USA use standard BRB missions so you're always aiming to score with your Fast and Heavys when not just Troops.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Asterion View Post
    Based on the current codex. Also, no one plays at 2000 points and anyway, the HQs for Orks mean that they can either take Nobs (huge point sink) or Deff Dredds (pretty pricey) as Troops

And why wouldn't you want 120 boyz in a list at that point value? I use at least 90 at 1000 points.
    If the current trend is any indication, there will be no "counts as troops" in the new Ork dex. 6th seems to be mostly about an army only having 2 troop options with few exceptions, so I wouldn't be surprised if you see just Boyz and Nobz as troops with Kan lists being a thing of the past.
    Last edited by Harley; 05-01-2014 at 07:06 AM.

Chapter-Master

Also, no one plays at 2000 points
    2000 points is the standard size game at every LGS that I've been a part of.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Librarian

I think its kind of brutal of GW to include SA and ESCL rules in the BRB, you know they arent going to give you any datasheets so its basically like being "hey when you get shot with this, this is what happens..." my only hope is that perhaps we will see some updated and even more damaging psychic powers to either a)counter the SA ESCL problem or perhaps there will be a lot more pro-cc powers maybe something negating overwatch or adding bonus distances/attacks/saves

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    2000 points is the standard size game at every LGS that I've been a part of.
    I've never seen anyone actually play more than 1850

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Can you imagine having to bring up to 2500 pts to a 1850 game?

cause GW apparently can

FoC removed, percentages added.

Players have a "sideboard" of up to X number of selections (2-5, bracketed on points, so 1k or less games you have 2 sideboards, at 3k+ you have 5).

Sideboards can't be more than 25% of the total, or can be none at all.

They are referred to as "Secondary Detachments."

They are used for anything from allies to just additional things from your own codex.

If they are allies, then they require an HQ and a troop, and are still bound by the 25% of total.

Both players are expected to have sideboards.

Sideboarding is now a part of the game, done before deployment but in order of turn priority. So the person going first, picks their sideboard first after learning what race their opponent is playing, and seeing 75% of their army (and the available sideboards).

The person going second then picks their sideboard, after their opponent has selected, but before either side deploys.
    ----------------------------
    Other tweeks include assaulting as a form of sweeping advance/consolidation.

The option to flee, in response to being charged (after overwatching) but there is the potential to be swept and the unit charging can (if they have the movement and sweep you) just hit a different unit provided it's in the same rough direction as the unit they swept.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chaplain

Don't see any advantages to a strict % based system for narrative play, It simply restricts army lists more, where all the codex supplements and mini-dexes and dataslates have been opening up army build options combined with the allies matrix. If they really are just repackaging rules into the core BRB with errata, a % based army build list as rumored would invalidate much of the effect of the most recent releases.

Take the Skyblight Swarm composed on upwards of 900 points of Fast Attack units, if the % rumors are true it would not be eligible for use at all apart from in an army in excess of 3000 points in your % examples. The Imperial Knights have no battlefield role at all currently. It runs counter to all the most recent releases.

Lord of War and Fortifications might get a restriction for the sake of limiting D weapons to double forge organization games but I don't buy into a complete scrapping of the FOC for a Fantasy % based system.
    Last edited by Gleipnir; 05-01-2014 at 07:46 AM.

Chapter-Master

Yeah I don't like that new rumor from Faeit about "Sideboards"

It just seems to me to prolong the actual setup of the game instead of making it shorter.

Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast