BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Chapter-Master

Edit. Ninja'd by Clockwork.

"The only limit is the models in your collection!" No sh*t GW. I'm sure that this stupid unbound crap is not at all a way to convince powergaming dweebs an excuse to go out and buy 3 more Ripdrakeknights.
    Last edited by Defenestratus; 05-05-2014 at 01:25 PM.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Librarian

I think this is a) quite a clever idea as it makes the game much more flexible and two a great ploy to sell models. Think if it this way many armies could struggle with a 500 point army list but now you could do small campaign missions where elite terminator units have to storm a hive ship or an advanced recon team of stealth suits and pathfinders must sabotage an AM supply base, all of which would be impossible under current FOC.

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Edit. Ninja'd by Clockwork.

"The only limit is the models in your collection!" No sh*t GW. I'm sure that this stupid unbound crap is not at all a way to convince powergaming dweebs an excuse to go out and buy 3 more Ripdrakeknights.
    I can see 'bound' lists becoming a common restriction. Throwing a game together with some random models from the shelf with some mates and some beers being one thing, but no-one in their right mind would sanction this for tourneys? Would they?

Veteran-Sergeant

You guys seriously still don’t get that GW DOESN’T INTEND FOR THIS GAME TO BE COMPETITIVE.
    By The Brass Balls of Khorne- http://khornesbrassballs.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Combat Dave View Post
    I can see 'bound' lists becoming a common restriction. Throwing a game together with some random models from the shelf with some mates and some beers being one thing, but no-one in their right mind would sanction this for tourneys? Would they?
    GW Rules Designer: "You know, the community has been asking for us to tighten up these ruleset because of some really unfun things that certain douchebags have been pulling out there. Things that we didn't think about when we were writing the rules."

GW Marketing: "Can we tighten the ruleset up AND incentivize players to buy more expensive big kits at the same time?"

GW Designer: "Probably not."

GW Marketing: "Just get rid of all the limits!! all of them!! MORE PLASTIC CRACK!"
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidum View Post
    You guys seriously still don’t get that GW DOESN’T INTEND FOR THIS GAME TO BE COMPETITIVE.
    Agreed, but boys will be boys. All it'll take is for a TO to say 'no unbound lists, and no bonuses from Battle Forged lists' and badda-bing badda-boom, you're back in.

Not that I enjoy competitive crap, but the WD guy even says that one guy is making a list of 4 Riptides. Great. Just what we need.

Not too worried about it at my FLGS though. It seems like nobody there can AFFORD to buy that many RipWraithDrakes anyway.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    Agreed, but boys will be boys. All it'll take is for a TO to say 'no unbound lists, and no bonuses from Battle Forged lists' and badda-bing badda-boom, you're back in.

Not that I enjoy competitive crap, but the WD guy even says that one guy is making a list of 4 Riptides. Great. Just what we need.

Not too worried about it at my FLGS though. It seems like nobody there can AFFORD to buy that many RipWraithDrakes anyway.
    Well yeah, some players are just going to make some lists spamming overpowered crap (can’t really blame them though….I myself want to make an army purely using IG Sentinels…) but if FLGS want to run tournaments, it’s up to them to limit lists.
    By The Brass Balls of Khorne- http://khornesbrassballs.blogspot.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Depends on what you consider "broken".
    Was hero hammer broken when we had percentages? Yes. Is hero hammer still a thing? Hardly. Would hero hammer be an issue again because of percentages? Not more than now (perhaps even less).
    Did we have broken units in every edition? Sure. Will ANYTHING prevent that from happening? No way. In 2nd edition it was the flying vortex exarch, in 3rd we had banshee + serpent + WW spam, in 4th we had the invincible falcon and warlock blobs, in 5th we had Eldrad and Runes of Warding and now we got serpent spam and jetseers.
    Most "scary" combos wont work under percentages anymore. There are very few of them which either would not exceed the % limitation or survive without allies.
    A seerstar with 1 Farseer and 5 Warlocks is not scary. The only thing which would still work 100% is a DE Beaststar... but they will get their new codex in time.
    Then you missed the point of my post. My point was that these things are not the "fix-all" that a lot of people are salivating them to be. Also, it's hard to say what will be defeated by percentages WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT THE VALUES ARE, nor on how Formations will be affected by them.

Besides, it all seems a cow's opinion for what the WD leak has.

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
    White Dwarf Pics
    And there was a great howling and gnashing of teeth heard in the wilds, both urban and rural.

If that's a fake, it's a well done fake. That Unbound concept sounds a little scary.

I wonder how many Reclusiam Command Squads I can fit in that...

Edit: Expect most of the Tournaments to require Battle-Forged armies.
    Last edited by Charistoph; 05-05-2014 at 01:59 PM.

So warp charges are determined by die roll? Well I'm hosed, the way I roll dice...

That said, the daemonology tree sounds interesting, fluff wise at least. Your rogue inquisitors can actually summon daemons, or try to in any case

Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast