BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Asterion View Post
    For every person worried about their precious balance and tournaments, 10 people will be having fun games with their mates with all sorts of silliness, and they'll love it.

I think some of those people should learn to find fun in losing rather than thinking of it as the worst thing in the world.
    Yes, it's oh so much fun to always be picking up handfuls of models after spending 20 minutes of setup time. Not everyone has the benefit of lots of people not trying to break the system to play with on a regular basis. I play Codex marines, without a bike chapter master/captain and command squad with grav guns, or any bikes, or grav centurions, or any of the other typical strong choices from the codex. My regular opponents are all min/maxed Tau, Eldar, Taudar, Chaos with drakes, and now guard with allied inquisitor shenanigans. I've won a game in 6 months. Part of that is my abysmal die rolling(pretty consistently under average for hit/wound/making saves, I keep track) but the other part is we're basically playing two different games.

I'll be lobbying hard to make sure my store sticks to Battle-forged only for events, because there are people here who will abuse the hell out of being allowed to ignore the FoC.

No one knows what the differences between Battle-forged and Unbound armies will be yet, so there is no point getting worked up about it right now, you'll achieve nothing, instead, think of the benefits, you will be able to make the fluffy armies that even the FOC restricted, like the idea of using a Reserve Company of Space Marines? A full on Grot army? All Kroot list? Now you can!

We don't know the rules yet and we don't know what other changes are coming, so lets all calm down and stay positive yeah?

Chapter-Master

Im usually the wait amd see itll be fine type guy

But this...i'm considering selling up and quitting. It just sounds horrible. And not the FoC thing.. the physic magic phase rules. I dont play Fantasy cos i hate the magic mechanics. Now its in mah 40k. It might be the end for me...ill have to wait amd see when the book comes out
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post

But this...i'm considering selling up and quitting. It just sounds horrible. And not the FoC thing.. the physic magic phase rules. I dont play Fantasy cos i hate the magic mechanics. Now its in mah 40k. It might be the end for me...ill have to wait amd see when the book comes out
    Making Psykers feel unique and not just models with a shooting attack with a leadership test first could be really fun, and your psykers battling it out, using the warp flux to nullify each others spells and summon daemons to attack each other could be really cool, i think it is worth waiting to see

Then don't use Pyskers, simple.
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by RGilbert26 View Post
    Then don't use Pyskers, simple.
    i have a 15,000 point Eldar army. With 18 Farseers.

Ive just never liked the mechanics. It seemed clunky compared to the Ld test and then deny. Ill buy the rulebook and read it but i dont know....i rarely get the chance to play anymore. Maybe a crappy new edition will be my final push.

Gw will still get my money for a rulebook though. And who knows in 6 months time when 8th edition launches i might be back :P
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Asterion View Post
    No one knows what the differences between Battle-forged and Unbound armies will be yet, so there is no point getting worked up about it right now, you'll achieve nothing, instead, think of the benefits, you will be able to make the fluffy armies that even the FOC restricted, like the idea of using a Reserve Company of Space Marines? A full on Grot army? All Kroot list? Now you can!
    You could do that before. I wonder why the "non competitive play whatever you want for fluffbunny fun" would ever need rules to allow them to do what they already could have done before....

I have to say this makes me REALLY nervous... I know people will say that it opens up the game and allows people to field their collections, and create fluffy armies... BUT what will really happen is that people will now just spam the single powerful unit in the game and that will be that...

in 2000 point games what is to now stop someone from taking 5 - 6 flying deamon princes all tooled up? When facing that once all you will get is someone countering that will all SM thunderhammer storm shield armies...

I fear this is the beginning of the end...
    Iron Hands fanboy since 2008.
    Iron Hands [4k], Brotherhood of Iron [1k], Sons of Medusa [500]

Veteran-Sergeant
    The Phalanx (Royal Berkshire, Great Britain)

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post

This is actually going back to old 40k. When I started in second edition, there was a seperate pyshic phase. It doesn't sound too different to what happens no, just all in one phase rather than spread out.
    "Give me a hundred Space Marines. Failing that, give me a thousand other troops."

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    You could do that before. I wonder why the "non competitive play whatever you want for fluffbunny fun" would ever need rules to allow them to do what they already could have done before....
    That was my thought. It's easy enough to do anything you want with your opponent's permission.

I guess my all Harlequin army will be legal again. Still won't be effective though.

Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast